Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

We have brokwn the male connector off the external water tank and need to know if we can get a new one to replace it

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,865 Answers

Hello. yes. this is a common item. Remove it and take it to your local hardware store to get a replacement. Also pick up a tube of plumber's pipe dope to coat the threads before you install the new one. This will prevent any leaks. Joe

please rate my answer as very helpful. Joe

Posted on May 02, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hoover f7430-900 wont desperse water from carpet attatchment

I' used to have a carpet cleaner that did the same thing.
The method they used to stop & start the water spray was a pinch system. When the trigger is pulled the clamp releases and the tube is no longer being pinched Or so that is what is supposed to happen but if it has been sitting a long time (witch is always) the tube gets stuck together where the clamp mechanism pinches the tube.
You can either squeeze the tube from the sides to get it to stop sticking or cut a small piece of and replace it using 2 (straight - Male/Male line connectors) to plug it back together.
That way you can do it when ever you need to, only replacing 3 inches or so.
It is usually just fish tank tubing you can buy at any hardware or pet store with the (straight - Male/Male line connectors) they should have in the same area of the store.
Also as I tell everyone - I love this site but youtube is another good site for helpful videos on most anything you can think of.
They should be paying me for all the advertising I do for them. lol
Good Luck

Feb 03, 2018 | Hoover Vacuums

1 Answer

I use a Wolf Big Blaster 2 and I need to source a replacement male to male plastic reducing nipple from the Aluminium water inlet pipe to the external hosepipe connection.

Any decent HYDRAULIC pipe service centre should be able to help or scan eBay as many such companies offer adaptors and spares.

Oct 15, 2015 | Garden

1 Answer

I have a fuel leak at the quick connect on top of the fuel tank under the rear seat. I have replaced the fuel line and it still leaks. There is a plastic piece on top of the tank, should that be replaced...

I solved a similar problem with a Nissan. Under rear seat is a plate. Remove plate and you find the plastic delivery and return pipes with clip on connectors. Ideally you buy and replace there connectors but here in Africa they were not available. I simply cut off the pipe as close to the connector as possible. Then heated the end in boiling water and pressed it over the connector male side. It cools and shrinks and never leaked since. If I had a hose clamp, I would have added that for extra security because the delivery pipe is under high pressure from the electric pump in the tank( fuel injection models) most Japanese cars have very similar configurations and this plan can generally be made to worl

Nov 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

How to bypass air conditioning compressor on 2002 ford taurus?

You would need to replace the compressor with an A/C illiminator bracket/pulley, you cannot just put a shorter belt as it would still make contact with the a/c pulley, at least on a 3.0L OHV version.

May 27, 2014 | 2000 Ford Taurus

1 Answer


You can change the connectors on the wiring loom there are only two wires per valve
this video might help

Jul 22, 2013 | Whirlpool duet Washing Machines

1 Answer

Hello, I need to replace a pressure valve on my on my water supply tank by my well. There is no high temperature in the system. Does this valve have one of those sticks that need space in the tank? ...

Hello,This valve is pressure only.The model XL is pressure & tempature for a hot water storage/heater tank(has the stick).You need to know male or female thread and the relief # setting of the old one.The info is on the tag on the old one.

Nov 17, 2010 | Watts 3/4 Pressure Relief Valve

1 Answer

Gas is barely flowing-used to hear hiss before I lit. Tried replacing pressure valve and got a new tank of gas. Also disassembled manifold and cleaned out all burners.

I had the same problem years ago with an old charbroil and ended up fixing by replacing the threaded female gas connector on the regulator with one of the old style male inside threaded type. This is the connector that connects the hose/regulator to the propane tank.

Aug 20, 2010 | Weber Genesis Silver C Grill

1 Answer

Dandy model DPAC8399 water lear from rear water hold tank

Dandy instructions are located here:
Basically, you need to attach the external tank tray at the bottom, remove the tank male fitting and screw it into the external tank female port.

Nov 24, 2017 | Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner

2 Answers

My danby air conditioner/dehumidifier model dpac 8399-4 leaks water all over the floor and never fills the holding tanks what can I do to fix this problem?

Probably needs cleaning. I assume it is on a level surface. Water drips from the evaporator coil into a collection tray of some type and then drains into the holding tank, this tray is either broken or the outlet is plugged.
Good Luck,

Nov 26, 2009 | Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Pb4 pushes air with litle water

the line in front of the pump which is your suction side is sucking air this line need to be replaced you can just cut the pipe off un tread the male connector and put more teflon tape on it but it will be only a temporary fix is always better to replace the male tread connector

Jun 14, 2009 | Polaris Pb4 - 60 Booster Pump

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

55 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3315 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3074 Answers


Level 3 Expert

80608 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides