Question about Home

Open Question

Broken mixer tap screw head (Bensham1885 )model

Broken bath bensham 1885 mixer tap screw head. can i renew brass part attached to tap at front. it has a nut on it and i'm hoping it can be renewed.

Posted by on

6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 44 Answers

SOURCE: need to fit ideal standard lever cartridge to mixer tap

hi you 1st need to isolate both hot & cold water supplies to bath.lift the lever up & underneath the lever you will see s screw unscrew it & be careful not let it go down the plug hole, so a good idea at this point is to put in the plug!!!

Once the screw is loosened you will be able to remove the lever.
then there is a cover which will need to be undone & removed seeing as its gold you will have to be careful undoing this as it may be stiff, sometimes a few taps with the endle of a srewdriver handle will loosen it enough so you can remove it. once this is removed you will gain access to the hexagonal part of the cartridge, so yo uwill need to have the appropriate spanner or adjustable spanner. you will need to hold against the tap when undoing it so as the whole tap body doesnt move.once the cartridge is removed the new unit can be fitted in reverse sounds simple but being Gold you have to be careful you dont damage it whilst attempting to remove the old one. Tip put some silicone gtrease around the o rings on the new unit as it will make it easier to remove if you ever have to remove it again?



Posted on Dec 15, 2008

  • 38 Answers

SOURCE: hw to get renewal code

1. Go to store and buy

2. I Do not recommend and I do not support this, you can pirate a keygen off a torrent site.

Posted on Feb 04, 2009

  • 6674 Answers

SOURCE: replace valve stem oil seals

Make up an airline fitting that will screw into spark plug hole, or buy from autoparts , or tools supply place. You put compressed air in cylinder while changing, which holds valves in place.

Posted on Feb 21, 2009

  • 659 Answers

SOURCE: I am looking for a replacement cartridge for a

Try The Faucet Parts store out of Arlington, TX. They specialize in faucet replacement parts. Their number is 817-649-8919. I bet they would be more than happy to ship you what you need.

Posted on Mar 19, 2009

  • 1071 Answers

SOURCE: What interval mileage or year does the cambelt neeed to be renewe

timing belt shold be replaced every 60k

Posted on Aug 21, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a bath shower mixer with a shower set. I cannot get water to come out of the bath tap, only for the shower head. The fitting in the middle if the taps will not stay down.

Go right away back for replace if there is warranty in between 8 days, if not then there should often a simple mixer maintenance set for sale for the brand and exact model mix faucet. often from simple plastic if its an older (mostly solid) mixfaucet then only to put it 24 hours in a bucket of vinegar or descaling agent.

Mar 01, 2017 | Home

1 Answer


IT may be ,The heating element has broken. This element is contained within a "drum" at the lower right of the machine (front view, front panel removed). Test to confirm problem - remove both wires (one white, one black) from the "drum" (porcelain standoff, 3/8" wrench brass nut). Attach a multi-meter to one exposed brass screw and to a ground with multimeter set on ohm test (conductivity test - touch meter tips and meter jumps). Test both brass screws this way. If the meter jumps on either test, the element is "grounded" (broken and touching ground). This confirms the problem. Further confirmation - Remove the two screws at the base of the circular "cover" at the front end of the heating drum. Lift the cover and with flashlight, examine the heating coils.

Nov 30, 2013 | Dryers

1 Answer

Bensham tap not switching shower flow to bath

If your Bensham tap not switching shower flow to bath then you should check the connection first and if still the problem get not solved then you should hire a professional to fix this problem.

Feb 04, 2013 | Home

1 Answer

Kitchen aid stand mixer motor head sags

you need to adjust the beater height screw in a tilt head model, but if it is a new pro series model you may need to replace the lower gear case due to a broken screw mount. we really nee more info like what model it is and that can be found on a white sticker underneath the mixer in the open cavity of the base support.

Jan 07, 2013 | KitchenAid Food Mixers

1 Answer

Low pressure from immersion heater to mixer taps on bath can i fit a pump on the pipe work leading to the bath


You need to have an higher head of water on the tank that feeds the cylinder that the immersion heater is fitted to. Put the tank on a framework say 3 foot above its present level.

Alan Hood

May 10, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have mixer taps on my bath, hot water tap doesn't work

you may just have to replace the hot/cold stem

Mar 11, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

I have mixer taps on my bath, cold water tap works

Remove the tap outer cover. Take out the barrel & inside there is the washer on the end of a screw which slides in and out when the tap is turned. This could have been turned too far out and will not go back in. Clean both the screw thread and inside the barrel, lubricate with petroleum jelly or similar and reassemble & test before replacing the barrel. Again lubricate all threads.
Alternatively buy a new barrel

Mar 11, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

The mixer attachment is hitting the bottom of the bowl. how can I lift it up?

It's difficult to answer without knowing what make or model.If I were to guess it is a KitchenAid tilt head model then there is a screw that is visible when the head tilts up. Turn this screw to adjust the head height.

Feb 11, 2010 | Food Mixers

1 Answer



Oct 13, 2009 | Home

2 Answers

Kitchen aid 300 watt counter mixer model ksm90

no there is no adjustment . worn hinge on the base , no parts made , not that i have ever seen ...... sorry i wish i had better news

Jan 05, 2009 | Hobart A200 Stand Mixer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

656 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

34089 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15557 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides