1. After punching in an address-two (2) duplicate results always show up.
2. My Zumo 550 is a year and half old. I just saw a brand new one at the local Harley dealer and it's operation was very crisp. Can mine be 'updated' to function like the new one?
3. The touch screen is not accurate. As an example; on the keyboard I will touch an 'E' and a 'M' will display.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Touch screen is a little sluggish
Try cleaning house on it.
Also Try the Garmin web-updater Here to keep it running well.
You could wipe all data and start again,
Backup anything you want first.to the Pc....
Hold bottom right of screen, keep pressing until it says,
Do you want to erase all data, erase it, select yes,
Re-register with Garmin, re-update,
Your good now,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn on Zumo. Select WHERE TO. Depress ARROW DOWN beneath ROUTES icon. There, revealed, are 5 additional icons, one of which is COORDINATES. There are more different choices of ways to enter coordinates than you're likely to learn what they are in a lifetime.
Happy motorcycling. Keep the shiny side up. Patrick
The internal rechargeable battery in most electronic only has a life expectancy of about 3-4 years so it is common for then to die over time. It may be the same scenario with your GPS's antenna. You may be able to find a replacement battery for your GPS at a local battery outlet. But otherwise it may have to be sent in for warranty or repair.
I don't believe that there is much else you can do but before i say that try using a 4GB sd card, think they can handle that. These units have a certain amount of memory reserved for system use and they will allow nothing else to use it. In the event that something does use it you get the "not enough memory to run program, Shutting down" error. Always fun
I have recently purchased a Zumo 550 and successfully copied across selected phone book entries from a Nokia N95 without the need to use any additional apps:-
1) Assuming the N95 and Zumo are paired via BlueTooth
2) In N95 Contacts - use 'Mark' / 'Mark All' as necessary to select the contact entries you wish to transfer to the Zumo 550
3) In N95 Contacts - select 'Options' then 'Send Business Card' then 'Via Bluetooth'
4) Select the Zumo 550 device from the list of paired Bluetooth devices
5) Contact data is transferred from N95 phonebook to Zumo 550 phonebook
Interestingly, Garmin don't seem to list the Nokia N95 as being a supported device on their website, but the above process worked for me!!