Question about Nokia 7373 Cellular Phone
My 7373 lcd screen is cracked I ordered a new one but dont know how to replace it can you help many thanks
See the nokia e65 de-assembly video here.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Its actually not real bad. You will need a plastic pry tool. 1) Swivel the upper assembly so it forms a 90 degree angle. 2) With plastic pry tool go along outside of upper assembly unlocking the clips that hold the front cover in place. 3) Gently remove plastic cover. 4) Gently remove coax connector that connects LCD to board. 5) Release 4 clips that hold the LCD assembly in place and remove LCD assembly(LCD + board + metal frame) 6) Detach the LCD to board connector and remove board from assembly. 7) Release 4 metal clips that hold LCD in metal frame. VOILA! Your LCD is removed. Good luck! Let me know if you need any more help or help reassembling the phone.
Posted on Sep 08, 2007
I had the same problem, but figured it out.
1) Remove the battery. Thisis not strictly required, but it is good practice to remove all power sources when changing delicate electronic components
2) You do not need to undo any screws. Put away your jeweller's screwdriver. Also, don't remove the protective film from your new screen (yet).
3) Hopefully you've got a prying tool with your screen kit. If not, use a non-serrated thin bread and butter knife. Pry off the front cover. Do this by getting your tool under the long side where it slides against the bottom part. Push the edge of your tool in almost vertically - so you almost scrape the inside edge of the front cover. Gently lever it off the top chassis. What you are removing is the entire front - all the dark plastic and the metal around the screen as one unit. Once you have one side off, it should come away. The keyboard will fall out - that's normal.
4) Remove the dark plastic/rubber component at the top of the screen. Do this bygetting your tool under its bottom edge and simply levering it off.
5) Remove the old screen. Do this by releasing the clips at the tops and bottom of the long edge. Remove the screen and the clipping assembly (thin and flimsy metal frame with four tiny clips) together. Remove the plug by just pulling it out of the socket (top left of screen)
6) Note where the clipping assembly is stuck to the screen. Remove the clipping assembly by peeling it off the back of the old screen. Stick it to the new screen - the adhesive will be good for the second screen as long as you don't touch the sticky surface with your fingers.
7) Install the new screen by pushing it into place so the four clips lock into the chassis. Push the plug into the socket.
8) Re fit the plastic/rubber part. Now you can remove the protective film from your new screen
9) Place the keyboard in the right place: there are two little locator pins - place the keyboard so they fit into the little sockets. Push the cover back on. You might not be done yet - read on.
10) Restart your phone. If everything seems OK, you're done, but if you're like many people, your phone's screen will now be continuously flashing on and off every couple of seconds. DON'T PANIC! What you need to do is upgrade your phone's firmware. Do this by going to www.nokia.com and following the links to upgrade your firmware/software. You'll need your USB cable.
Good luck. It worked for me - just be patient and take your time.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
You will find replacement screens,
tools,... ext. to make repairs your self
from below link.
Also it's said that better to buy better
phone, Nokia's have prone problem whit
LCD-SCREEN's that break at normal use.
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
Any pictures please
Posted on May 15, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2015 | Samsung Galaxy S Iii S3 Gt-i9300 16gb...
May 20, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
May 06, 2009 | Nokia 7373 Cellular Phone
May 06, 2009 | Nokia 7373 Cellular Phone
Apr 11, 2008 | Nokia 7373 Cellular Phone
Mar 22, 2008 | Nokia 7373 Cellular Phone
3,596 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!