Question about 1986 Suzuki GSX-R 750 G
Not an easy job! I have the same bike...
- Remove the seats, the lower and both side fairing middel sections
- rRemove the fuel tank ( don't forget to close the fuel **** first ) and take care of the fuel level sensor lead
- Remove the battery leads
- Remove the 4 air filter casing bolts
- Remove the crankcase breater hose between air filter case and cylinder head cover
- Loosen the clamping bands on each end of the 4 carbs ( thus 8 bands )
- Pull the airbox to the rear and disengage the rubber joints from the 4 carbs
- Pull the carbs to the rear to disengage them from the rubber inlet-pipes.
- Move the carns to the right to have acces to loosen and disconnect the throttle cables.
- If there is an evaporative emission tube, disconnect it from the carbs, AFTER marking their place!
- Remove the carbs to the right side. That's quite difficult, there is not much place, be carefull.
to replace, just invert this way of work.
When engaging the carbs in the inlet-pipes, you have to feel them knok down at the end of the pipe fitting.
Be sure to tight the clamps correctly to avoid at 100% air leaks.
An air leak between carbs and engine will lean your mixture and will cause serious engine damage!
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Nov 30, 2015 | Garden
Jun 30, 2011 | RTO New Yamaha Inverter Ef2400is / Yamaha...
Dec 28, 2009 | 1986 Suzuki GSX-R 750 G
Apr 13, 2009 | 2001 kawasaki ER-5
Mar 06, 2009 | 1986 Ford F150 SuperCab
Feb 27, 2009 | 2005 Suzuki RM-Z 450
Feb 13, 2009 | 2003 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Dec 21, 2008 | 2000 Daewoo Lanos
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: