Question about 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD

Open Question

Removed the valve body from a chrysler 46re transmission. The rod that attaches to the top of the valve body (park rod?) came out of the transmisson. How do I re install it?

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 4669 Answers

SOURCE: how to remove tailshaft on 46re auto transmission

2wd? If you remove the tailshaft you will be removing the whole overdrive assembly. I would try pulling the driveshaft and seal. Then see if you can remove and install a new bushing. It is quit a bit of work to reinstall the overdrive unit.

Posted on Apr 05, 2009

  • 5546 Answers

SOURCE: RV c6 transmisson stuck in park

I think you may be fighting the shift interlock with the brake pedal. Remember, to shift out of Park you need to step on the brake.
You might need someone to hold down the brake pedal while you try to realign the rod from underneath.

Posted on Sep 06, 2009

  • 1596 Answers

SOURCE: removing the valve body on a transmission on a 1998 plymouth neon

Check for DETENT CABLE this is Normally what hangs one Up at this Point of Disassemble of VB.

Posted on Sep 13, 2009

Testimonial: "Thank you very much this was extremely helpfull"


Needs to relearn shift stratagies. May need scan tool help If trans shop did work take it back. Don't forget to use the right fluid. Even trans shops don't care.

Posted on Sep 28, 2009

  • 6 Answers

SOURCE: steps to remove a 46re transmission


Posted on Oct 07, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2004 Chrysler Sebring. How do I check to see if the neutral safety switch is bad.

The switch is called a PRNDL switch and is located on top of the valve body, inside the transmission.

May 18, 2014 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

Tansmission solenoid

  • It is inside the transmission, attached to the valve body. You have to remove the transmission oil pan and valve body to access.

Mar 16, 2014 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

46re tranny shift lever stuck inside tranny how do I fix

You will have to drop the valve body. The c-clip on the park rod probably broke and the rod is wedged behind the bell crank. You will probably need a new park rod and clip.

Oct 26, 2013 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is transmission range sensor for 99 plymouth?

The TRS is a speed sensor located in the valved body, attached to the transaxle. It has a connector on one side, and the other side is a bolt holding it to the transaxle, and a rod plugged into the valve body. The transmission range sensor is located within the transaxle.To replace it or to check if the part fits you need to take apart the oil pan and valve body.

Here summary procedure:

Take off the battery negative cable.
Bleed oil.
Remove air cleaner assembly.
Put lever in first gear.
Disconnect the gear shift cable from lever.
Remove the manual valve lever from the shaft.
Disconnect the cable from TRS connector.
Raise vehicle on hoist.
Remove all the transmission oil pan bolts
Take off the transmission oil pan .
Remove the transmission oil filter
Undo the valve body-to-transaxle case bolts.
Remove the park rods from the guide bracket and pull off the valve body from transaxle.
Put the valve body on a work bench
Undo the t-25 torx screw holding the TRS.
Do operations in reverse order, when refitting torque the valve body bolts to 105 in lbs.

I hope this helps you,Ken.

Sep 14, 2012 | 1999 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

Where is shift solenoid on chrysler grand voyager 2001

All the transmission shift solenoids are located inside the transmission, you must remove the pan and they are attached to the valve body.

May 16, 2011 | 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager

1 Answer

I cant find were the transmission control solenoid is located at and need to replace it

what kind of transmisson is this 4t40or 4t60 or 4t65 or 4L60 ..well most general motor solenoids are located on the the transmisson valve body . which means on a rear wheel drive the transmisson pan needs to be remove to gain access to the valve body . On a front wheel drive the valve body is located under the side cover on the transmisson . Now if i remember rigth there are 3 or 4 control solnoids . 1-2 shift 2-3 shift and a Tcc solnoid . you need to know which one to replace and what location are they on the valve body

Mar 06, 2011 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Were is the 3-4 solenoid in 46RE and how to diy fix

3/4 solenoid is bolted to the top of the valve body. It comes on a bracket with the lock-up solenoid and some wiring. You have to drop the trans pan and valve body to change this. Remove kick down lever and shift lever. Remove electrical connector. Remove trans pan. Remove filter. Remove 7/16 bolts from valve body and lower. The park rod will be coming out from the back so you have to bring valve body forward. Replace solenoid and reverse procedure. The worst part is getting the park rod to go back in the right place. Check to make sure there is no corrosion in the connector

Jun 25, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

99 dodge durango 5.9 with a 46re trany goes in

These transmissions are known for having problems unfortunately.If it drives in first gear thei it sounds like a broke spring in the valve body. If you are not familiar with trans repair this can be a task as there are lots of parts in the valve body.Also could be a bad solenoid on the valve body they have fine screens and get clogged real easy. On these transmissions it is best to change fluid as often as possible as they are tempermental!

Hope this gets you moving forward!

Oct 23, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

Removing the valve body on a transmission on a 1998 plymouth neon

Check for DETENT CABLE this is Normally what hangs one Up at this Point of Disassemble of VB.

Sep 13, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Neon

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

324 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

76848 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides