Question about 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
My problem is when I put the key in ON position without starting the car these things happen:
1. The AC comes on and remain on without having any control on it.
2. All the dashboard gauges hesitate for a while before coming alive ( about 15 second).
After that I have started the car and the engine is working fine BUT:
1. The AC remains on.
2. When applying the brakes to shift the gear to R the brake lock won’t open (Auto Transmission).Finally when I switch the engine OFF the RPM stock on the last reading about 700 rpm in idle.
Thing I have done to troubleshot this problem:
1. All the Fuses are checked and they are fine.
2. Battery was disconnected for about 10 min and still the same.My car is Nissan Pathfinder 2008 4.0 L V6.
Wrong ignition switch for car get the right one detal for detail
Posted on Jan 14, 2013
With the ac, sounds like you definitely have a short with the ac electrical wires. Have a mechanic check that out. 2. The wiring for the dashboard gauges may have tears or something is causing high resistance in them or you may need a new dashboard itself. Have that checked too.
As far as the brakes when you trying to change gears, what do you mean brake lock wont open? Finally with the RPM, I dont think your dashboard gauge is working correctly so you may need that replaced also.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2015 | 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Dec 29, 2014 | 1994 Nissan Pathfinder
Oct 02, 2014 | 2003 Nissan Pathfinder
Feb 17, 2014 | 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Dec 04, 2012 | 1993 Nissan Pathfinder
Jan 30, 2012 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder
Sep 05, 2010 | 2008 Ford Fusion
Mar 04, 2010 | 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
400 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!