Question about 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee break light is out, the bulp and socket has been replace and the break light does not work
This is the corrective method for your brake lights not working when your headlights are on(2000 Jeep Cherokee Larado).
1) The cause of the problem is heat from the bulb.
2) Remove the light assembly as if you were going to change a bulb.
3) Turn the socket and remove it from the taillight assembly and set it aside(check to be sure your bulb is not burnt out).
4) Look at the opening, you will see 3 flat chrome colored contacts on the assembly.
5) Notice the one by it self at the top of the opening, that is the "ground".
6) If you look closely you will notice the plastic around the ground contact has shrunk a little bit, this caused the contact to pull away from the socket, causing the problem.
7) With a small flat head screwdriver, VERY GENTLY pry up the contact so it stays slightly upward by itself.
8) Re-insert the bulb assembly back into the housing and press your brake petal with your lights on.
9) You should be in good to go!
10) Tools: Phillips head screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver.
11) Time : 5 minutes per light
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2012 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 12, 2012 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 15, 2012 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 17, 2011 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 07, 2010 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 01, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 27, 2010 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sep 01, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 08, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 02, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: