Question about Nostalgia Electrics Ice Cream Makers
What kind of ice cream maker is it? I just bought a Nostalgia Electric Double Flavor Ice Cream Maker and it did the same exact thing. I poured the salty ice water out in some containers, set it aside to use it again, took everything apart, and started over from the begining. I put it all back together properly again, added the salty ice water once more, and turned it on. It worked! I hope it does the same for you. If not, I would see about getting it looked at somehow.
Good luck! :)
Posted on Jan 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2017 | Ice Cream Makers
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 90 min
- Serves: 5
- full fat milk
- Full fat milk - 1.25 lts
- Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup heaped
- Cardamom - 4, powdered
- Pistachios - 8, roughly chopped (optional)
- Saffron - few strands, soaked in a tbsp of warm milk for 10 mtsMethod
- Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring to a boil. Allow the milk simmer on medium flame till it reaches half its original quantity. Keep stirring inbetween.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and roughly chopped nuts. Mix well and keep simmering on medium flame, stirring till it further reduces to almost one third of its original quantity. It will have a rabdi consistency and slightly thick.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool.
- Once cool, place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours. (This helps reduce formation of ice crystals during freezing process)
- Pour the chilled mixture into kulfi moulds and close the lids.
- Place the kulfi moulds in the deep freezer and allow to set overnight or at least 7-8 hours.
- Once the kulfi sets, place the kulfi mould in luke warm water for a few secs to help it unmould easily.
- Insert kebab or ice cream stick in the kulfi and serve. You can garnish with more nuts.Tips
- Full fat milk is essential for authentic flavour of kulfi.
- If you do not have kulfi moulds, you can use stainless steel vessels.
- Kulfi expands on freezing, so do not fill to the brim.
- You can skip step four and pour the milk mixture that is at room temperature into the kulfi moulds.
Dec 25, 2015 | Ice Cream Makers
Oct 13, 2017 | Magimix 2200 Gelato Chef 1.03 Quart Ice...
Aug 25, 2013 | Ice Cream Makers
Jul 18, 2010 | White Mountain F69206X 6 Quart Ice Cream...
Jun 27, 2010 | Taylor 632-27 Ice Cream Maker
Jun 01, 2009 | Disney Ice Cream Maker
Apr 07, 2009 | Rival GC8151 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Apr 14, 2008 | Deni / 5201 / 5202 / 5203 / 5205 Ice Cream...
Sep 03, 2007 | Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream...
Nov 07, 2012 | Nostalgia Electrics Ice Cream Makers
Usually answered in minutes!