I am on my 4th handset and 3rd battery. I have had this handset for approx. 2 weeks and having the same problems as the other 3. The 1st one became so hot you couldn't even hold it and the other 2 including this one will not hold a charge. I fully charged the handset last night from the wall outlet and used it once today and less than 12 hours later it has discharged. I have been a TMobile customer for 8 years and since they will not acknowledge that something is wrong with this phone, it will be my last.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I dont know if this will help you, but it helped me. I had the same problem, with phone not holding charge and getting really hot both during and after complete charge. I needed my memorycard from my LG to my other phone, so I took it out, and off course the phone needed to be charged so I charged it, and... it did not get hot at all, and when it was finished, the charge lasted a day and a half!! Now the problem is I cant use the memorycard anymore in my Viewty :S Win/Loose situation i guess....
1. Old battery: After a couple years of use, the battery simply can't hold a charge as well as it used to. If you are using an old battery, try getting a replacement.
2. Replaced battery with a NON-Brand name: If you replace the battery with a lesser expensive pack from china, they will typically use an inferior set of cells. Use only the name brand batteries for best performance.
3. You're in a location where you cannot pick up a DIGITAL signal. If you are roaming or unable to pick up a digital signal, the cell phone will constantly be searching for a tower wasting precious energy. For best standby times, make sure you are receiving a digital signal.
4. Battery charger malfunction: If you're accustomed to charging your battery with a wall charger, try charging it from your cigarette lighter in your car or with a different charger. If it works longer after doing this, drain the battery and charge again the way you usually do. If you're back down to only 12 hour stand-by, the usual charger may be malfunctioning.
5. Make sure your backlight is not on all the time. If your phone has a setting to keep the backlight on, turn it off.
A whiz at my local T-Mobile store by the name of Noura took a look at my batter and noticed right away that something wasn't right... It is a little warped/bubbled up on the flat surfaces. You can tell if you lay the battery flat on a table and it wobbles when you touch it - like an unbalanced table or chair does when it is unbalanced. She said this is a sign that the battery has reached its maximum life and occurs when it has been over-charged.
with respect to your low Nokia 6680's low battery, what you need to do is to charge it while switched off for atleast 12 hours. It is possible for the phone to have 200+ standby time afterwards but that is if its not used at all. You should also disable the bluetooth, as well as the backup ligthing if switched on as all these can dramatically reduce the life of the battery.
It's best kept in its charger whenever possible.
One of the issues with it is that the buttons tend to get "hit" and it wakes up and discharges quickly. Even on a full charge, it can drain the battery in just a few hours.
The issue is worsened by the supplied case. People have noted that using another case or even gluing felt pads in just the right spots of the holder helps immensely.
Simple fix for a corrupted Date Book sync error (at least it worked for me on my Treo 650).
1). Turn off 'Show Calendar Event' in the Phones 'Options - General Preferences' menu.
2). Turn off phone.
3). Set the Date/Time to the maximum limits (12/31/31) in Preferences.
4). Open the Calendar and view the maximum day 12/31/31.
5). Select 'Purge - (Delete events older then 1 week)' in the Calendars Options menu.
6). Reset the Date/Time to the current day in Preferences.
7). Hotsync (Desktop Calendar overwrites handheld).
8). Hotsync again to make sure you don’t get the error (Synchronize the files).
The attempt to open the database failed.
Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize.
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Calendar synchronization failed