My problem is: When I insert the adapter in the usb slot, the PC does NOT recognize it. I hear a bing, but the pop-up that is supposed to say, "new hardware found", does NOT pop up, I even tried adding new hardware, But I can't do anything if the PC doesn't recognize the adapter.
HELP??????? The laptop I'm trying to connect to internet, use to have a wireless adapter in it, but it broke.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you dont need to install the driver for the 2wire, you just need to configure the computer to look for the 2wire, if unable to locate the 2wire from your computer, there is a problem on your 2wire it self
http://support.2wire.com/index.php?page=download click on the adapter link for the driver and instructions. If you dont see the picture of your adapter, then click on the legacy link on the adapter page. After you install the software just use the icon on the lower right to connect to your wireless network.
You are attempting to install a (brand name) 2wire wireless usb adapter, normally theSBCDSL CD is ONLY what you would use to set up your SBC DSL modem. You should have a specific 2wire CD that you put in your CD Drive when you want to install the 2wire wireless usb adapter. Can you locate this CD?
Introduction ============ This document describes the procedure to install driver for the 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter under Microsoft Windows, and to run a wireless configuration program to configure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to work with a 2Wire HomePortal or OfficePortal wireless gateway. These drivers work under Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, and XP.
STEP 1 - Driver Installation ============================
1. Make sure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter has not been connected to your computer USB port.
2. Double-click on the file to run WinZip Self-Extractor. The driver installation files will be placed in your hard disk in the C:\TWWUSB_TEMP directory
3. Connect your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to an available USB port in your computer. Windows Found New Hardware Wizard will startup.
4. Select the option to search for driver in specific location. Specify C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP as the location of driver.
5. Follow on-screen instruction to finish driver installation.
STEP 2 - Wireless Configuration ===============================
1. Run the program WirelessCfg.exe in the directory C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP. You can do so by clicking on the Windows Start button and select Run. The Windows Start button is typically at the lower left corner of the screen. Type in C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP\WirelessCfg.exe to launch the program.
2. Follow on-screen instruction to configure your wireless setting. Enter the serial number and encryption key as they are printed on the bottom of your 2Wire wireless gateway.
enter the serial number and encryptian code as directed to configure my
2wire wireless PCI Adapter and it does not recognize it. You can find all the drivers and the manual for your Wireless Adapter here: http://www.2wire.com/?p=331