- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That's actually a mica "window" (cover) for the microwaves to come out. And it sounds like the magnetron started arcing and burned a hole in that cover. Either that, or some food (frequently spaghetti sause) got splattered on it, and the microwaves heated it up so much that it burned a hole in the cover. Does the microwave oven still work (heat)? Do you see or hear any arcing? If the microwave oven still works and there is no arcing, you can just replace that cover. Check SearsPartsDirect.com or RepairClinic.com.
More than likely the Magnetron (the microwave emitter) is burned out, unless this is a very very expensive Microwave the cost to repair will be close to the cost to replace. You will 1st need to have a small appliance repair center do an estimate to confirm my conclusion about5 the problem.
The cover has to come off the microwave to access the bulb. There are several screws around the back and sides. Remove these and the cover should lift off, revealing the bulb. For your own safety, make sure that the microwave has been unplugged from the outlet for several hours before attempting this repair.