Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try this: Make sure the battery for the notebook is out in step 8
the procedure to reset the CMOS/BIOS is in the maintenance and service guide on page 46.
Follow these steps to clear the password:
NOTE: These steps also clear CMOS.
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the
computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and
then unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see Battery on page 48).
5. Remove the real-time clock (RTC) battery (see RTC battery on page 68).
6. Wait approximately 30 minutes.
7. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
8. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any batteries at this time.
9. Turn on the computer.
All passwords and all CMOS settings have been cleared.
Posted on Jul 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2013 | HP Compaq 6510b Notebook
Aug 19, 2012 | HP Compaq 6510b PC Notebook
Jul 27, 2012 | HP Compaq 6530b Notebook
May 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2011 | HP Compaq 6510b PC Notebook
Apr 06, 2011 | HP Compaq 6510b PC Notebook
Jan 27, 2011 | HP Compaq 6510b Notebook
Nov 26, 2008 | HP Compaq 6510b Notebook
Jul 31, 2008 | HP Compaq 6510b Notebook PC
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: