Question about Mercedes-Benz SLK350
Sound like one computer error; its possible that you need visit the dealer to chec it and delete any stored fault code.
These roofs have quite a few micro switches that send messages to the roof control unit to let it know what position the roof is in,if one of these switches fails then you will see a message like this and the roof usually wont operate or will only operate to a point,its hard to say exactly from here which switch is at fault on your vehicle without having it hooked up to the Mercedes SDS machine,with this machine the switches can be observed to see if they are operating correctly and or to see which one is at fault here,to get this diagnosed properly it would be best to have a dealer observe these micro switches to find the one that is faulty,this can be time consuming,most likely this is what is at fault here on your vehicle.
I dont have any pictures to show here, but I found out you have what it looks like 5 switches/sensors:
* Folding roof front(this looks like its up top by the windshield latches)
* Folding roof retracted switch (this switch appears to be on the drivers side in the top trunk area,you may have to remove the paneling in the trunk to access)
* Folding roof cover(this also appears to be in the drivers trunk area,I believe this one is for the trunk lid when it opens and closes)
* Folding tubular frame switch(I believe this one is for the roll bar if equipped)
* Trunk partition switch(this switch should be on one of the catches for the trunk partition)
Then you have the electronic control unit(computer)for the roof, this appears to be in the trunk as well possibly up against the back seat or may be behind the back seat.
The hydraulic pump is located in the trunk area as well, you will have to remove the trunk paneling to gain access to it,it should be on the drivers side,should be the only hydraulic pump in the trunk area.
Its possible that this docs helpfull:
* 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK Owners Manual
* 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK - Vario Roof
I hope this helped.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2017 | 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK 200
Aug 05, 2017 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
Apr 20, 2011 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Oct 22, 2010 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Jul 07, 2009 | 1987 Porsche 944
Jul 06, 2009 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Jun 26, 2009 | 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Jun 22, 2009 | 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK
May 02, 2009 | 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Mar 21, 2009 | 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Dec 10, 2017 | Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cars & Trucks
322 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: