Zebra Office Equipment & Supplies - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Zebra LP 2844 printing off center
If your Zebra LP 2844 printer is experiencing shifting or off-center printing, there are a few possible causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check print settings: Ensure that the print settings on your computer or label design software are correctly configured for the label size and layout you are using. Make sure the label dimensions and print margins are set accurately.
- Calibrate the printer: Perform a calibration on the printer to ensure it is properly aligned. To calibrate the Zebra LP 2844, follow these steps:
a. Turn off the printer. b. Hold down the feed button. c. While holding the feed button, turn on the printer. d. Release the feed button once the green status light begins to flash. e. The printer will feed labels and automatically adjust the label alignment. f. Once the printer stops feeding labels, the calibration is complete.
- Adjust label position sensors: The LP 2844 has label position sensors that detect the start of each label. If these sensors are misaligned or dirty, it can cause shifting or off-center printing. Clean the sensors using a lint-free cloth and ensure they are properly aligned.
- Check label alignment: Ensure that the labels are loaded correctly and aligned properly in the printer. Make sure they are inserted straight and centered in the label guides.
- Inspect the print head: Check the print head for any debris, adhesive residue, or damage. Clean the print head with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab if necessary. A dirty or damaged print head can affect print quality and alignment.
- Update or reinstall printer drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. If the drivers are outdated or corrupted, it can cause printing issues. Visit the Zebra website and download the appropriate drivers for your LP 2844 model.
- Test with different labels or ribbons: If the problem persists, try using different labels or ribbons. Sometimes, the issue could be related to the specific media being used.
I have a Zebra series 1 that keeps throwing a mecanical error after printer the first pass yellow. It also seems like it is checking the ribbon. When ever I open the card reservior lid.
One possible reason for this issue could be a problem with the printer's ribbon sensor. The ribbon sensor is responsible for detecting the presence of a ribbon and ensuring that it is properly aligned. If the sensor is not functioning correctly, it may cause the printer to throw a mechanical error and check the ribbon whenever the card reservoir lid is opened.
Another possible cause of this issue could be a problem with the printer's motor or drive system. If there is an issue with these components, it may cause the printer to stall or throw an error message when attempting to print.
To resolve this issue, it may be necessary to perform some troubleshooting steps. First, try cleaning the printer's sensors and rollers to ensure that they are free from debris or dust. Additionally, check to make sure that the ribbon is properly loaded and aligned in the printer.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact Zebra technical support for further assistance.
Zebra LP 2844-Z permanent IP Resolution how to change
If you are unable to change the IP address of your Zebra LP 2844-Z using the ^default command or Zebra Utilities, and updating the BIOS did not help either, you may need to try a factory reset of the printer.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer.
- Press and hold the feed button on the front of the printer.
- While holding the feed button, turn on the printer.
- Wait for the status light to turn solid red, and then release the feed button.
- The status light will blink green a few times, and then turn solid green.
- Press and release the feed button once. The status light will blink red a few times, and then turn solid amber.
- Press and release the feed button again. The status light will blink green a few times, and then turn solid green.
The printer should now be reset to its factory settings, including the default IP address of 192.168.168.168. You should now be able to access the printer through this IP address and change the settings as needed.
I'm printing a double sided
It may be that the ribbon is mispositioned. There are quite a few points in the trouble shooting section of the owners manual. These start on page 53. Here is the link to the page at the zebra company site that you can download the manual from.
Hope this helps,
My Zebra is always feeding the labels non stop, Please help.
Came to this site with the same problem, after observing the dam thing I fixed myself, my printer is a Zebra ZD220, the problem indicates some sort of sensor problem, my was simple someone mess the adjustable tab, must align with the one at the top cover, the top cover as two little LED's, they must align with this sensor in the image anexed.
Zebra 6M Plus Shows "Checking Onboard Flash"
It sounds like there may be an issue with the onboard flash memory on your printer. Try performing a factory reset (hold down the pause and cancel buttons during startup) to see if that clears the problem. If not, you may need to contact Zebra customer support for further assistance.
Erorr code 4003 zebra zxb8
Error Code 4001System error code 4001 means "The local WINS cannot be deleted." This error code may also display as "ERROR_CAN_NOT_DEL_LOCAL_WINS" or as the value 0xFA1.
Error Code 4002System error code 4002 means "The importation from the file failed." This error code may also display as "ERROR_STATIC_INIT" or as the value 0xFA2.
Error Code 4003System error code 4003 means "The backup failed. Was a full backup done before?" This error code may also display as "ERROR_INC_BACKUP" or as the value 0xFA3.
Error Code 4004System error code 4004 means "The backup failed. Check the directory to which you are backing the database." This error code may also display as "ERROR_FULL_BACKUP" or as the value 0xFA4.
Error Code 4005System error code 4005 means "The name does not exist in the WINS database." This error code may also display as "ERROR_REC_NON_EXISTENT" or as the value 0xFA5.
Error Code 4006System error code 4006 means "Replication with a nonconfigured partner is not allowed." This error code may also display as "ERROR_RPL_NOT_ALLOWED" or as the value 0xFA6.System Error Codes
Cannot delete print job queue Zebra S600
How do I force a print queue to delete?"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">
You can clear the print queue using commands like this.
- Select Start.
- Type Command .
- Right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
- Type net stop spooler then press "Enter".
- Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press "Enter".
- Type net start spooler then press "Enter".
Labels sticking to ribbon
If I had a guess...this label material sounds old or stored improperly...possibly to much head pressure....I would suggest some known good material and retry.
11/24/2021 6:23:43 PM •
on Nov 24, 2021
Zebra LP 2844 printer will not print anything but the test page
possibly not a real LP2844 but an LP2543, a printer mass produced for and used by UPS. refurbishers change the label and sell as LP2844 because they are almost identical.
if it has an AC-AC adapter, it is an LP2543. LP2844 uses a AC-DC adapter, and all LP2844's have USB ports.
Not finding what you are looking for?