[Cause] During the transfer using SMB of the scan to PC
feature, the SMB server could not be found.
[Remedy] Take one of the following actions, and try again:
Check the following to see if the destination SMB server
and the machine are set up properly for network
- Check the network cables are plugged in securely.
- Check the TCP/IP settings.
- Check communications of port 137 (UDP), port 138
(UDP), port 139 (TCP).
Check the following to see if the computer correctly
works as an SMB server.
- Check if the file sharing service for Microsoft
Network is activated.
- Check if [NetBIOS over TCP/IP] for TCP/IP
- Check if the file sharing service (using
communication through port 137 (UDP), port 138
(UDP), and port 139 (TCP)) are authorized for the
For communications which exceed the subnet, check the
WINS server settings, and check if the server address
can be resolved correctly.
For Windows NT 4.0 Server/Workstation, use the
following steps to see if the NetBIOS interface device is
activated on the destination SMB server:
1. Select [Start] > [Settings] > [Control Panel].
2. Display [Services], then select [Messenger] service.
3. Select [Startup] > [Auto] > [OK], then select [Close].
4. Select [Devices] in the [Control Panel], then select
5. Select [Startup] > [Auto] or [Manual] > [OK], then select
6. Reboot the
on Mar 17, 2021