Water Heaters - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How to regain lost water pressure after replacing hot water heater anode?
This important part is right at the end, you have a well!! It sounds like you may have run it dry? Check the well and the pump first. The rest is stop valves and pipes to the tank and beyond and not likely to be causing issues. Your sediment issues and problems with the anode is also due to using well water which is nearly always loaded with minerals..
How do I bleed the air out of my ruud water heater, model number PE40-2 D?
asking the blind to see it, how,?
on ours we have all the heater valves open to top of heater
we here filling bottom drain closed sure.
and turn hotwater on in every room until burped out.
there is no other way .,
or just let do that naturally all day and tell kids house is hunted,
draining is another story.
Water level in gas water heater ?
redux 1 all that is 100% normal, (new T&P not leaking now.a real tech would make sure the thermostat on the side of tank works right.after all the P&T is to protect it from go to steam 212f} and explodingthe tank is full of hot water, this is NO DEMAND hot water heater, it this old design is full of hot water all the timeand both the thermostat senses it and the P&T guards it from overheating not explodingif that is confusing call a real plumber to the home and have it check it out and even explain how all this works.some will for free, called GOOD WILL.call them stop guessing.do not tamper with T&P and for sure never try to make it stop leaking or making noise, DOING CRAZY acts.replacing it is all good.be safe don't guess, OK?,
How do I get the water heater going so we can have hot water
- Open the up the door or the cover over where the pilot light is accessed and also located at . The pilot light will be located under the gas valve and some water heaters just have an open gap instead where you can see the pilot lights burner is.
- Using either a flashlight or a headlamp to find out where the burner i located inside. 2 small gas tubes will lead to it. You will want to watch it as you are working.
- Turn the gas knob to "Pilot,"and then press and hold it down. This will begin to start the flow of gas so you can light the flame. Some water heaters do have a separate button for pilot mode, mostly it will be a colored red one which you will have to press and hold.
- While still holding the gas down light that pilot. Some water heaters do have a red or black igniting button and some others will have to be lit manually with a lighter than is longer.
- When the flames do ignite continue to hold the gas knob or button down for a full one minute. Then slowly release it and make sure that the light is still lit and is still on.
- Turn the gas knob to On and then listen for the distinct "whump" or whooshing sound of the main burner igniting.
- Replace the cover.
Not finding what you are looking for?