I have a 2005 Volvo S40. Had the ECM replaced due to sunroof hoses shrinking and draining into my passenger front and rear floors. Since the ECM was replaced I've experienced: flashers coming on and flashing all night without my knowledge (drained my battery), check engine light (dealer told me it was because of the gas cap...lol), urgent power service light, transmission message, SRS message, ABS light, traction slip message, gas needle went from full to empty, time and temperature went blank, low battery message ( battery is new).
Is the replaced ECM faulty, and causing these issues? I've already been to the dealer multiple times. It's becoming an annoyance, as they have been giving me a very condescending tone each time I explain issues...maybe I hit the hazard button when I got out of the car (random neighbor told me fladhers came on on a day I hadn'teven driven the car), maybe I didn't tighten the gas cap properly (always turn it until it clicks, and hadn't touched it in a week and a half because of Covid-19) Please help!
if dealer did work bring back and have them diagnose problem if you did check connections and check and test wiring circuits for damage corrosion loose connections
Volvo Cars &...
on Apr 07, 2020
Volvo d13 fault code 5298 fmi 18
The code means that the temperature in the catalyst is not high enough to support hydrocarbon conversion. Some ways to troubleshoot are:
1. Replace the EGR cooler
2. Check for exhaust leaks
3. Install clean DOC and DPC
4. Check that there are no issues with the 7th injector, fuel metering block for injector, WGR cooler, the engine's wiring and DPF sensor
5. Check if the 7th injector is receiving good voltage when the car is on
6. Replace the wire harness if the issue is persistent
If the issue isn't fixed now, drive down to the nearest mechanic.
Volvo 780 Cars &...
on Mar 30, 2020
Sometime when driving, the parking
Brake failure warning light: If the light comes on while driving or braking, stop immediately, open the
hood and check the brake fluid level in the
- Fluid level below MIN mark: Do NOT drive. Tow car to shop for check/repair of brake system.
- Fluid level between MIN and MAX mark: proceed immediately and with caution to a Volvo dealer for an inspection of the brake system.
Volvo 780 Cars &...
on Mar 02, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?