Visioneer OneTouch - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
"download"?? You don't download, you install.
Have you considered that the scanner might not be compatible with Vista?
Here's the Visioneer site:
on Jan 17, 2018
Visioneer OneTouch 5820 USB for windows 7
ok guys here is the fix for vist and or windows 7 to make your scanners work
1. put your cd in the drive don't let it autorun
2. goto my computer then right click the driver that has your install disk in it
3. click open
4. then fine the drivers folder and open it
4. the file you see should be your driver for your scanner the number on this file should be the modle # of your scanner
5. right click that file then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's
6. after the install is done restart your computer
7.after the computer reboots go back to my computer and open the driver that has you install disk and open it (do not do auto open) like for this file start32.exe and right click it then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's (you may see something saying in any one of the steps that the driver or software u are trying to load dose not have a signature always click ok, allow, or indtall this sofe ware is old so it dose not have a signature)
8. after the install is done reboot your computer goto control panle and open it look for systems and open it goto device manager open it then look for your scanner it should not be hard to fine it's the one marked with the yellow flag
9. right that file then goto properties then click on it then goto update driver ( do not click driver update software in the same menu with properties) another menu will open up click on update driver it's just below the driver details box
10. now windows will update your driver when done restart your computer and y should be good to go
on Oct 25, 2016
8100 Visioner conflicts with Vista
Verified to work with Vista Home Premium x64 (should work for x32 as well):
1. Make sure your 8100 is unplugged.
2. Go to Visioneer's website and download drivers for the OneTouch 9420 scanner:
3. Install the drivers. Nothing will work... yet, don't worry.
4. Now plug in your 8100. You'll get a message saying that Vista wants to find drivers. Select "Ask Me Later" or just cancel.
5. Next, open up Control Panel and then Device Manager. Find your 8100
in there (probably listed as "Unknown Device") and then right click on
it and say "Update Driver Software". Now click "Browse My Computer For
Driver Software" then "Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My
6. Scroll down to "IMAGING DEVICES" then find Visioneer, then you
should see the "Visioneer 9420" driver. Select it. You'll get a
warning from Vista, but continue anyways. That's it... everything
on Jul 28, 2016
Scan a Document and Need to edit in Word 2007
Most of the time a scanner by default, will scan a document in a tif or other image file format. That means that the scanned image is actually very similar to a photograph. In order to edit the text, you first have to convert the image using something that's called OCR software. OCR is a process that the software uses to look at a scanned document image and determine what characters are on the page. It's not always very accurate but that depends on the quality of the scan and on the OCR software being used. You must have received some sort of scanning software with the scanner. Hopefully it containes some sort of OCR software. Some scanners will save you this extra image manipulation by having a setting that allows you to scan directly to a word document. Usually in that configuration, the OCR software automatically knows to convert the scanned document image in order to automate the process. But either way, you first have to install the manufacturer's software. Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my answer. Thanks.
on Sep 22, 2015
How can i install visioneer one touch 8900 usb
The 9420 visioneer Scanner driver will run the 8900 scanner.
first,go to visioneer and download the .MSI file for the 9420. Run it. The driver files will be found in directory: C:\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\9420 Drivers.next, find the 8900 drivers.they will be in c:\ Windows\twain_32\vizscan8xxx. open the file and look for rtscan.dll Rename it old rtscan.dll.if you can't find them,either use Device manager to show you where they are. or you can reinstall the Driver(Xp\2000\Me\Win 89 from Visioneer site. Rename the rtscan.dll file which will be in the twain_32 folder(see above).
copy all the files in 9420 Driver file to the c:\Windows\twain_32\vizcsan8xxx folder. turn your scanner on.windows should find the drivers and install the scanner.
on May 20, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?