Tomtom GPS - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do I update my GPS system?
1) Install "TomTom Home" software in your computer from www.tomtom.com
2) Start TomTom Home in your computer
3) Plug in the GPS dock to your computer's USB port and place the GPS on the dock. The green light on the bottom right of the GPS should turn ON to indicate that the GPS is getting power from the dock and charging
4) Start your GPS while being in the dock. If the GPS asks "do you want to connect to computer" answer "YES"
5) The TomTom Home software will detect the GPS and check if there are any updates for it. Then you'll be offered updates to install. Some are free, some are not. You choose the ones you want to install.
Please, report back if you need further assistance
My ID: alexocuello_
Tom tom one activation code
you might be able to get you device code by:
select the main menu
select the change preferences
scroll through till you find 'show version'
select it & it may display your device code at the top?
How do i update my
Hi, I was having trouble too and have found the manual for the 3rd edition online
I'm following these instructions: Installing TomTom HOME
Install TomTom HOME on your computer in the following way.
- Connect your computer to the Internet and then connect your TomTom ONE to your computer using the USB cable.
- A pop-up window appears. Select Run TomTom HOME. Click OK and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the pop-up window does not appear, browse to the TomTom device on your computer and run the file named Install TomTom HOME.
- TomTom HOME is also available for download from the TomTom website.
- For more information visit www.tomtom.com/home
- Once installed, TomTom HOME will start automatically whenever you connectyour TomTom to your computer.
Hope this helps, Lynsey
How do i update my tom tom one
When you connect your TomTom to your computer (USB port) ... you can use the TomTom HOME software to check the updates available for your GPS.
This assumes you've (previously) registered your GPS on the TomTom website, and you have TomTom HOME installed on your computer.
If not, register your TomTom on the TomTom website (identify it with your email address), and install the TomTom HOME software on your computer.
Then when you connect your GPS device to your computer, the TomTom HOME software should start up (or you can start it up), and you can log into your TomTom account ... and the HOME software will automatically search and let you know if / what updates are available for your GPS.
How to Update TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 GPS
Steps to Update Tomtom 4EN52 Z1230 GPS
Navigate the Update
icon on the home screen of your GPS
device and choose tomtom
home under device management. Once you navigate that tomtom
home, you will be redirected to a new screen from where you can download and install
version of home.
5/8/2020 6:39:16 AM •
on May 08, 2020
How to set up my gps tomtom
Hello, Pierre -
Apparently you do not have the user manual for your Tom Tom.
You have not stated the model name of your Tom Tom.
Therefore, all I can do is direct you to the Tom Tom home page:
On the home page, you should see the link to Support, located near the top of the page.
Click or tap on Support. You then should see the link to User Manuals. Click or tap on that link.
Then you will land on the User Manuals pages (more than one.) You will need to find the link for your model Tom Tom (look through the User Manuals pages), choose it, and follow the on-screen information to download the correct manual (probably a PDF document - Adobe Acrobat Reader software needed - free) and save it to your computer. Note: If you do not own a computer, ask a relative or friend if you can use their computer to download and print the manual. If you need to do that, I recommend you give the relative or friend a ream of printer paper as a "thank you." You may also wish to purchase a black printer ink cartridge (make sure you know the manufacturer and ink number used) as a "thank you" gift, as well.
4/29/2020 10:56:52 AM •
on Apr 29, 2020
Map not updated
If you are facing any issues while updating your GPS Device, feel free to browse (gpsupdatesupport.com) website. I know the importance of GPS Device because I already faced such type of issues and one of my friend told me about this website and really it is very helpful. Admin of this website has published lot's of blog that will help you to update your GPS Device yourself.
Frozen startup screen
jump up and down on it about 27 times sorry 28 and see if that helps, it did me - i then went and bought a MAP
No GPS Signal in TomTom One XL all of a sudden
I suddenly lost the GPS signal today and could not get it back. All I got was the "No valid GPS signal". My solution was to tap on the GPS satellite bars when in the route map. this brought up the "Status summary page of the TOMTOM.
I then again tapped the satellite bar which brought up the "GPS Status" page. I then tapped the bar labeled "configure".
The radio button next to the option titled "Minutes (dm.m') was selected. I then moved the selection to "Degrees (d.d) and it started working.
I had just downloaded the GPS fix 5 days ago so it is not like this suddenly caused it to stop working.
This may not work for everyone but this is what it took to get mine working.
Password Reset Helpline Call 1-(805) 225-6690
We are 24 Hour Available Call Now
I think they mean the email and password registered for their TomTom Account
Plug the TomTom into your computer using the USB cable.
Click "yes" on the TomTom to connect
wait for any updates, click "Update and Install"
Click "Read Manual"
This takes you to their website
Logon with your existing email address and password
Click "Edit My Profile"
On the left are 2 options one to "change email" and another to "change password"
Not finding what you are looking for?