Sterling Watches - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How find serial number on ~1910 hamilton pocket
The serial number is usually engraved on the movement. If you open the back of the watch, you should be able to see it.
I looked at the Hamilton pocket watch site (in might be helpful if you visit the site, simply type "hamiltonpocketwatches.com" into your search engine and your will be able to examine photos of a number of movements).
The position and size of the number varies but it shouldn't take to long to find. One of the pictures I found impossible to see the number but the rest I found, although sometimes you had to look quite carefully.
I can't get my hamilton watch to open. I pulled
If your watches case does not have a hinge then pulling the crown out won't do anything but allow you to set the time if it is a stem set watch. If it is a lever set watch then the lever which is under the bezel will need to be pulled out before you can set the time.
On a pocket watch without a hinge the case back and or bezel will unscrew from the case.
Hope this helps,
Yellowstone Watch Inc.
Antique hamilton pocket watch how to open
Pull the wind knob out...it takes a firm pull on mine. You will hear it click, then you have room to pull the movement out towards the hinge. Then close when done, and push the wind handle back in.
At one oclock the lever is pulled out about 1/4" then you can set the time, when finished, push the lever back in.
Hope this helps...george
How to change to show right day of week
Impossible to answer. On WHAT!!!
All questions need FULL 'make model (what it is)'.
make model manual
Normally on that type of device you have to set the YEAR, and then the MONTH like on my Weather Station Indoor Unit..
3/19/2023 11:37:13 PM •
2 days ago
Time not set properly in my watch lasika w-f62
To set the time on your Lasika W-F62 watch, please follow these steps:
- Press the mode button on your watch until you reach the time-setting mode.
- Press and hold the "Set" button until the hour digits flash.
- Use the "Adjust" button to set the correct hour.
- Press the "Set" button again to move to the minute digits, which will also be flashing.
- Use the "Adjust" button to set the correct minute.
- Press the "Set" button again to confirm the time and exit the setting mode.
If you have any trouble setting the time on your watch or if it doesn't seem to be working properly, please consult the instruction manual that came with your watch or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
3/19/2023 11:07:59 AM •
2 days ago
My dango watch second hand stops some time
If your Dango watch's second hand stops intermittently, there are a few things that could be causing the issue. Here are some possible reasons and solutions:
1. Low Battery: If the battery in your watch is running low, it could cause the second hand to stop. You may need to replace the battery in your watch. Check your watch's manual or take it to a watch repair shop to have the battery replaced.
2. Dirt or Debris: Dirt or debris can get inside your watch and cause the gears to stop moving properly. If this is the case, you may need to have your watch cleaned and serviced by a professional watch repair person.
3. Loose Second Hand: If the second hand on your watch is loose, it could cause it to stop intermittently. A loose second hand can be caused by a damaged pinion or cannon pinion. You may need to take your watch to a professional watch repair person to have it fixed.
4. Magnetic Interference: Magnetic fields can interfere with the movement of the gears inside a watch, causing it to stop or run erratically. If you have been around strong magnets or electronic devices, it could be causing the issue. Try moving your watch away from these devices to see if that helps.
5. Mechanical Issue: There may be a mechanical issue with your watch's movement that is causing the second hand to stop. This can be caused by a worn out gear or other component. You may need to take your watch to a professional watch repair person to have it fixed.
3/14/2023 2:27:20 AM •
on Mar 14, 2023
My watch not working how to setup
- Check the battery: Before attempting to set up your watch, make sure that the battery has not run down. If the battery is dead, you will need to have it replaced by a professional watchmaker or authorized Breitling service center.
- Wind the watch: If the battery is not dead, you may need to wind the watch to get it started. Most Breitling watches have a self-winding mechanism, but if it has not been worn for a long time, it may need to be manually wound.
- Set the time: Once the watch is running, you can set the time by pulling out the crown (the knob on the side of the watch) and turning it until the hands are set to the correct time. Push the crown back in when the time is set.
- Set the date: If your watch has a date function, you can set the date by pulling the crown out to the second position and turning it until the date changes. Push the crown back in when the date is set.
- Synchronize the time: If your watch has a chronograph function (stopwatch), you may need to synchronize the time to ensure that it is accurate. You can do this by starting the chronograph and waiting for it to complete a full revolution.
2/12/2023 2:23:55 AM •
on Feb 12, 2023
Not finding what you are looking for?