Singer Sewing Machines - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do I replace the slide plate on a singer 6234
1st. remove the foot from the machine to give you working room.
2nd. get the long plate "throat plate" look at the under side, you will see 1 side the slide part crimp shut, this is the side that will be the front.
3rd. put the plate in place as it should be, then push it up thill it clear the metal clamp.
4th. use a screwdriver to lift the clamp metal so it fits into the grove of the plate, do this for both sides.
there is a fat stud and a small stud for the plate to fit in.
take the plate and slide it under the fat stud, it will lift as its spring loaded, push it all the way and then the small stud will fit into the other side
My singer 5825C model won't go forward. The wheel on the side can't be turned. I was just mending! What's wrong?
If your Singer 5825C sewing machine is not moving forward and the handwheel on the side is not turning, there might be a few potential issues that could be causing this problem. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:
- Thread Jam or Tangle: Check the area around the needle, bobbin, and feed dogs for any thread tangles or jams. Even a small piece of thread caught in the mechanism can prevent the machine from moving.
- Bobbin Winding: Ensure that the bobbin winding mechanism is disengaged. If the bobbin winder is engaged, it can prevent the machine from sewing.
- Presser Foot Position: Make sure the presser foot is in the down position. Sewing with the presser foot up can cause the fabric not to feed properly and prevent the machine from moving.
- Needle Position: Check the needle position. If the needle is not inserted properly or if it's bent, it can cause the machine to jam and prevent movement.
- Feed Dogs: The feed dogs might be stuck or not moving properly. Check for any debris or obstructions around the feed dogs and ensure they are moving freely.
- Machine Lubrication: Insufficient lubrication can cause the machine's moving parts to seize up. Refer to your machine's manual for guidance on proper lubrication and maintenance.
- Belt or Gear Issue: If the handwheel is not turning, it could indicate a problem with the belt or gear mechanism inside the machine. This might require opening the machine to inspect and possibly replace these components.
- Machine Jam: If you've encountered a particularly tough area while sewing, it's possible that the machine is jammed. In this case, you may need to gently rock the handwheel back and forth to release the tension.
- Professional Service: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to contact a professional sewing machine technician. They have experience with these machines and can diagnose and repair any mechanical issues.
Before attempting any troubleshooting or repairs, make sure the machine is turned off and unplugged from the power source. If you're not comfortable with any of the steps or if the issue seems complex, seeking professional assistance is recommended to avoid causing further damage to the machine.
I need an instruction manual for a Singer model 13608M sewing machine.
Did a search at Singer support site;
Sorry, but this search did not offer any results. Please try a new search to learn more about SINGER products and support! If you prefer, you can view our Support
page or email us at [email protected]
Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm
* Nothing on you tube. Other sites only offer to sell them but not fix.
Singer Quantum XL-6000. The machine doesn't start but does power up?
Question edited for clarity.
Question moved from Washing Machines to make model category.
This is what they say about this machine;
The Singer Quantum XL-6000 is the most technologically advanced sewing and embroidery machine on the market. If you're looking for a total fusion of innovation and imagination, look no further than this machine.
And in doing so, they make a machine that is software operating hardware and you can't fix them yourself. Try a Warranty Claim
https://www.singer.com > en-ca > support
General. About Us · Brand Ambassadors · History · SVP Worldwide ; Shopping Help. Shipping and Delivery · Returns & Refunds · Ordering FAQs · Store Locator · Find ...
Not finding what you are looking for?