Simpson Washing Machines - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
My Simpson eziset 550 beeps as normal when I push any of the buttons but none of the display lights are working. There are no mechanical noises of it starting. the water is not flowing in
Faulty power switch or main control board: According to
, if none of the display lights are working and there are no mechanical noises, it's possible that either the power switch or the main control board is faulty and needs to be replaced. You may need a test meter and fault finding to determine which one is the problem.
Dead electronic controller: If there is absolutely no power at all on the control panel, the electronic controller may be dead, as suggested by
. You can try opening the top cover on the panel to see if there is any visible damage or loose connections.
Lid switch not closed: If the 3 water temp lights and the 5 beeps every 4 minutes are on, it means the lid switch is not closed, according to
. You can try closing the lid properly and see if it solves the problem.
Simpson Aquarius 824 washing machine washes, drains but won't spin.
If your Simpson Aquarius 824 washing machine is not spinning, there are a few potential causes for this issue:
- Lid switch or door lock: The washing machine may have a safety feature that prevents it from spinning if the lid or door is not properly closed or the lid switch/door lock mechanism is faulty. Check if the lid or door is securely closed and ensure that the switch or lock mechanism is functioning correctly.
- Drive belt: The drive belt that connects the motor to the drum may be worn out or broken. If the belt is loose, damaged, or slipping, it can prevent the drum from spinning. Inspect the drive belt and replace it if necessary. Refer to the user manual or contact Simpson customer support for guidance on how to access and replace the drive belt on your specific model.
- Motor or motor control board: A malfunctioning motor or motor control board can also prevent the drum from spinning. If the motor is not receiving the proper signals or power, it may not engage and rotate the drum. In this case, professional repair or replacement of the motor or control board may be required. It's recommended to contact Simpson customer support or a qualified appliance repair technician to diagnose and resolve the issue.
- Other issues: There could be other potential causes for the problem, such as a faulty capacitor, wiring issue, or control module problem. These issues typically require professional diagnosis and repair.
It's advisable to refer to the user manual or contact Simpson customer support for specific troubleshooting steps and guidance tailored to your washing machine model. They will be able to provide more detailed assistance and advise on the best course of action for repairing your machine.
Simpson Esprit 650 washing machine fills very slowly.
Question edited for clarity.
Question moved from Misc category to a better one
There is normally two reasons for this.
Turn off the water. Remove the hoses from the back of the machine and you will see a small metal gauze filter. They get blocked with limescale and debris from the water mains. You can clean them, descale them, or just buy new ones.
The water inlet valve is not opening fully.
Simpson EZISet 950 not spinning (model no 22S950)
It could be many things. It the load is large and heavy, the machine electronics won't allow fast spin if the load is not even and even the slightest wobble will stop higher spin speeds. Here are a few things you can try. Split the load into two or three and then do rinse and spin.
Other possibilities are a slipping belt due to the weight, or the speed processor on the motor.
I have a Simpson 1043 10kg top loader, it is displaying e90 intermittently before the spin cycle, e90 is supposed to be a communication error, any ideas?
If your Simpson 1043 10kg top loader is displaying an E90 error code intermittently before the spin cycle, it typically indicates a communication error between the control board and another component in the machine. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check for loose connections: Make sure all connections between the control board and other components, such as the motor and the door lock, are secure and not loose or corroded.
- Inspect the wiring harness: Check the wiring harness that runs between the control board and other components for any signs of damage or wear. Replace the wiring harness if necessary.
- Perform a reset: Try resetting the machine by turning it off at the power source for a few minutes, then turning it back on. This can sometimes clear up communication errors.
- Check the control board: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it's possible that there is a problem with the control board itself. A qualified technician can test the control board to determine if it needs to be repaired or replaced.
It's important to address any issues with your washing machine promptly to prevent further damage or more costly repairs down the line. If you are unsure about any of the steps involved in troubleshooting the E90 error code on your Simpson 1043 top loader, it's best to contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.
Not finding what you are looking for?