This is related to the motor, and may be that the motor needs new brushes the Tacho (feedback mechanism) is broken, wiring or the motor control board. Most likely for a 6-7 year old washing machine is the brushes.
However, after changing them, you still need to reset the machine
- Turn off the machine (dial to 0)
- Open the door
- Turn on the machine on first program
- Close the door
- Turn off the machine
- Turn on the machine on the "six-o-clock" program, which is centrifuge
- Press the "option down" button and keep it pressed (This is the button left of the display)
- Turn the dial to "seven-o-clock" (empty/pump out program)
- Release the "option down" button
- Turn of the machine
This should reset the machine, and if everything is allright, it should work. If it does not work after changing the brushes and resetting it, something else is wrong, most likely the motor control board, or if the motor.