I will answer this in two areas.
- You have an AOL account on a machine and you want to make sure your favorites and emails make it to the new computer
- You downloaded and installed AOL on one machine and you do not want to have to download it again.
I will answer the second one first.
- aoldnld.exe is a very small file that you get from aol.com to install AOL 9.5 on your computer. As it installs it gets the rest of the files from the Internet. The computer would have to be connected to the Internet to use the file from the flash drive.
As to the first scenario;
- Aol has a menu to back up your favorites.
- Click on the Favorites bar at the top of the screen
- Click on manage
- Click on Save my favorites to a file on my computer
- You will get to choose the location to save the file
- Select your flash drive.
To backup your Personal Filing Cabinet:
1. Close the AOL software.
, click All Programs
, click AOL
, and then click
AOL System Information
If you are unable to access AOL System
Information, go to the help article Open
for instructions on how to manually open the Data Folder
. Once done, click the Back
button in the help article to return to this article, and then continue from
3. Open the Data
- If you are using AOL 9.5, AOL Desktop, AOL 9.1, or any version of AOL 9.0,
click the AOL Software tab, and then click Open Data Folder.
- If you are using AOL 9.0 Optimized, click Data Folder.
- If you are using AOL 8.0 plus or lower versions, click Folder.
4. Right-click the Organize
folder, and then click
5. Right-click on your desktop, and then click
6. Click X
on the upper
right to close open windows.
You can now send this folder as an attachment through e-mail or save it to
your USB drive to either keep it as a backup or transfer it to another computer.