Rio Car Audio & Video - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Audio occasionally sounds like someone
- This really sounds like you are getting a bad signal for one reason or another. Sometimes it will sound like the signal is scrambled, cut in and out or seem like it is delayed or slow of sorts.
- This can be cause from a bad placement in the antenna.
- The antenna itself can be failing.
- The wire for the antenna is often ran through a door or window and from being kinked and pinched can negate the coax.
- Always make sure the antenna is pointing to the south
- Always make sure the antenna has a clear and open area to receive the be reception.
- There are some things to try.
- The first thing is you can try to "refresh" your connection.
- Turn your receiver to channel "0."
- You will see a code come across the screen.
- Now switch to channel "1."
- Now go to the XM websitehttp://www.siriusxm.com/
- Now log in. If you don't have an account then create one.
- When you log in go to the "Help & Support" area.
- Now click on "Refresh My Radio."
- Make sure the radio remains still and wait until the screen on your receiver says "Refreshed."
- You can also contact by phone XM/Sirius and they can assist you with this.
- If all this does not help you may just need to get a new antenna. This can be purchased from the link I provided as well.
- Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa.
on Aug 11, 2011
No sound from boombox
well im not sure of your level of experience in sound systems but check your fuse on your amp then check to see if your rca jacks are plugged in correctly to your deck then to the amp there is also a blue wire from the deck to the amp alot of people do not connect this and there for no sound it also goes from the deck to the amp and if your power wire from the battery with a fuse on it is not blown or even installed at all for that matter and the negative wire from the amp grounded to bare metal on the body of the car make sure of that hope that helps.
on Mar 23, 2010
Its not turning on even in the boom box
Unless the unit itself is defective, there's either a problem in the wiring or you have a burned out fuse. Check both the "always on" power lead and the 12V switched leads, usually yellow and red. Use a voltmeter and test each one to ground. The yellow one should read 12V with the ignition either on or off. The red one with ignition on or in accessory. If they don't, check the wiring and fuse. If they do, the unit is defective.
Hope this helps.
on Feb 21, 2010
My starmate replay is also stuck on the sirius display
I do this repair for the ST2's. I can replace the SID chip and give your radio a new ID that you can activate with Sirius. I am on Ebay and my user
name is rarey57siriusXM. Look me up I also do LCD and scroll wheel
repairs for the Stiletto 10 and 100's. Cost of this repair service is
$24.95 and that includes free priority mail shipping back to you on all
these different repairs. Thanks
on Feb 21, 2010
Sirius starmate 2replay has no sound. how do I go
When you hit the menu button go to FM transmitter and make sure is is turned on, and sellect a frequency
to set it to that is not being used by a radio station, tune you radio to the same frequency. if you are using the audio out on the starmate to plug directly into an aux in on you stereo, there should be a audio level adjustment in the menu as well.
on Aug 18, 2009
MY REPLAY LITE BOX HAS
Codes for ntl ireland were last rolled 18th June:
00 = 75 92 B1 CC 6F 23 20 F1
01 = F2 46 B1 59 04 61 77 71
Codes for Telewest last rolled 18th July
00 = 75 4A 66 04 CF 7F 55 F3
01 = 2A 09 4D DF CD 33 00 B9
00 = E1 53 E6 8C 74 9C 01 56
01 = EF 78 82 33 DF EF CB 15
on Jan 18, 2009
Sirius sportster and dock
If you bought it within a year, it should be under OEM warranty. If it has been longer than a year, but shorter than two years, and you bought it with Visa, MC, or American Express, you probably qualify for extended warranty protection from your credit card company.
on Aug 27, 2008
Not finding what you are looking for?