Palm Tungsten - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Banner on the screen
Find an antivirus software for your PDA and then install and run it.if this doesnt work, look carefully at your process manager for anything out of the ordinary.
Wifi support t5
If you want to get WiFi, the only WiFi SD card available for the T5 is the Palm WiFi SD card. No other WiFi card compatible.
The SD card fits into the SD slot, but the card is longer than standard SD cards, so part of it extends out of the slot. This is the antenna for the WiFi radio. Also, you must install the drivers for the card or else it won't work properly. Drivers are available for free download at Palm's site. Linux will not work either without the card, sorry.
Installing files directly to an SD card
You can use the HotSync process to install files directly to an SD card, rather than having install first to your devices internal memory then the SD card.
1. Insert an SD expansion card into device.
2. Launch the Install Tool on your desktop computer: from the Windows Start menu, choose Programs, then Palm or Handspring (dependin on your device), then Install Tool.
3. Make sure the correct user name is chosen from the pulldown menu at the top of the Install Tool window.
4. Drag and drop files from your hard drive into the Install Tool window.
File types supported on all devices:
* Palm OS applications (.prc)
* Palm OS database (.pdb)
Additional file types supported on certain devices:
* MP3 music (.mp3)
* Pictures (.jpg or .jpeg)
Please refer to your device's documentation to learn how to use these additional file types on your device, if applicable.
5. In the Install Tool, click on the file. Then click on the "Change destination" button at the bottom of the Install Tool window.
6. Move the file to the column for the SD card. Click OK.
7. Perform a HotSync operation.
Not finding what you are looking for?