I had the same download problem, and after fiddling with the pedometer
for a couple of hours I figured out the basis of the problem and was
able to fix it. Being a software engineer, I figured that since it
copies each day's data to memory once the clock clicks over to 12 AM,
there must have been one day somewhere that had corrupt data. The
download would always reach a certain percentage and then fail and as
more days were saved, the percentage went up slowly. Unfortunately,
Omron does not provide a mechanism to clear the internal memory inside
the pedometer, which it really needs to do. The reset button on the
back does NOT do this. The software on the computer has nothing to do
with this problem. It is completely internal to the pedometer itself.
In any case, to fix the problem, I just started setting the clock to
11:59 PM, waiting a minute and doing this quite a few times until the
corrupt day's data was pushed out of memory. It holds 42 days, so
eventually the data will be erased. Well, it fixed the problem! Of
course, when the download finally worked the data was all screwed up.
Then I just exported all the data to CSV, opened it up in a text editor
and fixed the screwed up days, then re-imported the CSV file using the
this whole process takes patience and a good knowledge of computers and
software. Shame on Omron for not making it more user-friendly and
providing a button to clear the memory or enabling the software to skip
over and delete corrupt data. But hey, that's what you get for $30,
software developed in India.