Film was in camera, frame 18. Batteries had
This camera is somewhere between fifteen and thirty years old. It is highly unlikely that spares would be available, and it would be extremely expensive to have it repaired in any case, most artificers familiar with the internal layout having probably retired years ago. Maybe the camera should be retired too ?
on Nov 09, 2020
Olympus battery charger flashes red when battery is inserted.
"Another way I found was when this happens, to push the battery to the
point the light will turn on, when it starts flashing slide it off then
back on. Do this a few times so it charges a little, then you should be
fine to leave it on."
I tried to do this with my LI-10C Olympus charger and it worked..The blinking red light turns to solid red..Thanks for the info...Now I won't be bothering to buy a new batt.or have my charger checked..
on Oct 20, 2020
How do I Change from default language back to English?
To reset the settings back to English:
1. Set the DM-20 to Voice mode using the blue switch on the back voice recorder.
2. Remove the DM-20 from Hold using the gray switch on the back of the voice recorder.
3. Press and hold the DISPLAY/MENU button on the front of the DM-20 for at least 3 seconds. The menu list is displayed.
4. Click the REWIND button six times to highlight the Format menu item.
5. Click the PLAY button to select the Format menu item. A message will be displayed with Cancel and Start options.
6. Click the REWIND button once to highlight Start.
7. Click the PLAY to select Start. A message stating that the data will be cleared will display briefly. Then a message asking if you are sure will be displayed.
8. Click the REWIND button once to highlight the Start menu item to continue with the format.
9. Click the PLAY select the Start menu item and begin the format. The format progress bar will appear. When it is complete the menu items will be in the English language.
on Jun 17, 2020
Power solutions ?
My backup for my rechargeable batteries is the Maha Powerbank,
which is a small portable battery which last four hours.
To be honesty I have not fully used it seem have not gone
throught my two four sets of rechargeable batteries in
a days shooting, yet again it is my backup.
It been review on this website.
on May 31, 2020
Olympus Stylus 1000-- The camera is not reading
Your camera may be ok. Every and each camera has different reactions to a battery condition depending on the design of the circuit. Your battery may work ok on the other camera but this camera needs more juice (assuming the camera is working ok). If the camera demanding more power from the battery, try the rechargable batteries. Hope this helps. -James
on Apr 22, 2020
Ws-650s memory error
You may have to reset the recorder by going to the Device Menu and selecting reset settings. The other option is to attached the device to a computer and use file explorer to browse about the used space and free space of the memory of the recorder. If there is no free space, you need to deleted files. You might try transferring some to a folder on the computer if trying to preserve data. That also might free up enough space on the recorder for it to function again.
on Apr 03, 2020
Cannot convert WMA to WAV files
The DSSPlayer software will not allow you to convert the WMA files to WAV. The recorder on SP uses .DSS as the file type and that file can be converted to WAV using DSS Player. Olympus released DSS Player 7 for VISTA and you will have to have it before the pair will work normally.
on Apr 03, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?