NEC MobilePro - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
java.applet(PersonalJava only), java.awt and sub-packages, java.beansjava, iojava.lang and sub-packages, java.lang.reflect, java.math, java.net, java.rmi and sub-packages, java.security, java.sql, java.text
on Mar 10, 2021
Yes. You need to install the RDP client software which can be downloaded from Microsoft.
Procedure to install the RDP client on a MobilePro 880:
Note: Steps 1 and 2 need to completed if you have not installed the Service Pack One for MobilePro 780 and 880.
1. Perform a "Hard" reset on the MobilePro 880.
2. Install NEC Service Pack 1: http://support.neccomp.com/kbtools/faq/mobilepro/mp1.asp
3. Make sure the Device Name is set to something other than "Handheld PC".
1. Start-Setting-Control Panel-Communications
2. Change Device Name to a Unique Name that is not currently being used on your
4. Establish a Partnership with a Host using active sync.
5. Disconnect the MobilePro from the host.
6. Install "hpcrdp.exe" on your host. It can be down loaded from Microsoft:
1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com
2. Select "Search microsoft.com" under the Search tab.
3. Type "hpcrdp" in the search box and depress Enter.
4. Look for the search results titled "Terminal Server Download for Windows CE".
5. Double click on the article and follow the link and at bottom of the Terminal Server License agreement you will find the link to bring down the RDP client.
7. Establish an Active Sync connection between the host and MobilePro 880.
8. The RDP client software will be installed on the Mobile device.
9. Install a NE2000 NIC (or any NIC that you have the MIPS CE drivers for) into the Mobile Pro 880.
10. Set up network and attach to your existing network.
11. Set up a RDP session:
1. Start-Programs-TerminalServerClient-Client Connection Wizard
2. Enter Description connection.
3. Server Name or IP address.
5. Enter user name, password and domain if you want to logon automatically.
If your terminal server is set up correctly you should be able to connect as a Client.
on Oct 17, 2018
The P300 has 3 kinds of reset mechanisms, 1. Soft Reset: you can keep all DRAM data.
Procedure: Push the Reset button
2. Hard Reset/Save SDRAM -- Use hard reset/save SDRAM mode to reset the MobilePro P300 without losing the data in SDRAM. Use this mode if the safe software reset mode doesn't improve system operation.
Procedure: Reset Button and Power Buttons at the same time.
3. Hard Reset/ Clear SDRAM: You will lose all data. Use to reset the MobilePro P300 and delete the contents of SDRAM. Use this mode to reset the MobilePro P300 to its factory defaults. This is also referred to as a hard reset/clear SDRAM. **Caution** This procedure will delete all user installed applications and user data. If necessary, back up your data before performing the hard reset.
Procedure: Push the Reset, Power, and Record Buttons at the same time
on May 15, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?