Magic Pool & Spa - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I cannot find a manual for a blue magic super pump
See the instructions near the bottom of this web page: (picture at the top of pasted instuctions on th link)
- IMPORTANT! - Unplug waterbed heater for safety
- Remove cap and seal and put aside in safe place.
- Remove any excess air from mattress - slide forearm or broom handle from the head of the bed toward the fill hole to move air pocket
- Attach the heavy duty hose to the hose valve coupling, connect to the waterbed mattress and other end to the pump intake side. Be sure to include O-rings. Gently push the coupling deep into the mattress.
- Attach garden hose to the discharge side of the pump, this hose goes to a tub, or a deep sink.
- Plug in the pump. When it starts it should have a low whirring sound, not a high whiny one. If water is not pumping immediately unplug the motor and check hose connections for tightness, verify there is no air in the mattress.
- As the pump removes the water, be sure the hose valve coupling at the mattress is pushed down in the mattress to maintain suction. Heavy phone books or other like items will help maintain proper position deep in the mattress.
- Keep pumping the water out and continuing to maintain the hose valve coupling position low in the mattress so it can keep pumping.
- Do not leave the pump or the area until finished. A dry pump can burn up.
- When the mattress is part way empty, you can place pillows under it at the head to help the water run downhill towards the hose valve coupling.
- Continue pumping until water flow stops or pump changes sound. The more water you get out, the easier your mattress will be to handle.
- If you are satisfied you have got as much water out as you can, remove the hose valve coupling and quickly replace the mattress seal and screw the cap on.
- If the mattress is to be stored for a period of time, pour in a large bottle of waterbed conditioner into the mattress before you cap and seal the mattress.
- We recommend rolling up the mattress from the head to the foot and carefully sliding one end into a wardrobe box. Another wardrobe box can be worked over the top of the mattress. Work one box into the other and seal both ends and tape the boxes together in the middle. You can now safely move the mattress.
- If you don't get enough water out, the fiber layers can easily slide out of position during moving and you may not be able to get them back into position when you fill the bed.
Magic Pool & Spa
on Nov 18, 2010
Cannot make swim function work
Add make and model of your mystery device to the beginning of this search query
Pool & Spa
on Sep 16, 2020
What is the best way to put an Above ground 4ft swimming pool in backyard?
I have absolutely no experience with pools but I have seen online video of the absolute disaster of rushing the job, skipping details, ignoring important instructions and not taking advice.
A pool holds a lot of water and it is important to remember every Imperial gallon weighs 10 pounds - an Imperial gallon is slightly more than a US gallon.
All that weight is pushing down and so level firm ground is a must and all that weight is pushing outwards so attention to the smallest detail is essential and don't forget how the shockwave from somebody belly-flopping into the pool will create huge unpredictable forces on the side...
Sighting it well away from trees will be good and not over drains close to the surface or over inspection or maintenance hatches and don't forget to cover the pool when it isn't being used.
Pool & Spa
on Aug 13, 2020
Lay z spa 6cf error code
This is the REAL answer if you see the 6cf error code it's to do with the plug.
I had the error code 6cf and it took hours to work out what was wrong and it was so simple... the pump unit needs to be plugged straight into the mains plug. Wont go away or work of your using an extension cable.
After I plugged it into the mains plug directly error code disappeared fully working.
Hope this helps people and saves them hours of dread thinking they bought a broken unit.
Pool & Spa
on Aug 06, 2020
Lay z spa pump has
If this is an outdoor spa near trees, its almost a guarantee that the impeller is blocked with debris (pine needles can cause this in a hurry)
If the impeller is clean of debris and this is still happening, replace you pressure/flow switch.
Pool & Spa
on Jul 26, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?