How to replace second battery in lorus z011 watch
I just replaced this battery myself, it wasn't easy, but is doable. First, you will need some tweezers, a tiny phillips, and a tiny flat blade screwdriver. Totally at your own risk!
- Remove the 4 small screws on the back of the watch
- You will see a large battery under a metal clamp, this is for the back light. Remove the two phillips screws securing the clamp, and put that aside with the battery and screws. The clamp also has a metal flap on the side that acts as part of the mechanism for the back light button.
- You will now see the second battery hiding under the circuit board, it will have a small black circular rubber sticker on it. Remove the third remaining screw (very near the right hand one you have already removed) to take off the circuit board. It is clicked down slightly onto two lugs, so prise carefully at the left and right to free it
- At this point be very careful not to tip the watch upside down. There are two very small brass springs which make contact with the very top and bottom underneath of the circuit board, which now they are removed could easy fall out
- Under the circuit board is a plastic sheet, remove carefully with tweezers
- You are nearly there! There are three flat head screws, I got away with just undoing the two nearest the battery, and the third I loosened off enough to carefully lift the metal up to get the battery out
- Carefully remove black sticker, and put it on the replacement battery instead, and now reverse the entire process. Getting the metal clamp back on to secure the battery, and put the screws back is really quite fiddly, make sure it is help down properly
- Make sure before you put the circuit board back, that the two brass springs are in place. When putting the metal clamp over the larger battery, make sure the metal flap that is pushed by the backlight button is in place properly.
Avoid touching anything inside the watch with fingers, use tweezers to remove screws and parts, and make sure you keep track of which screws went where. Good luck!
on Jun 19, 2019