A quick fix for most communication errors can be achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. Simply disconnect the printer from your computer. Reboot your pc. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source to reset it. When the printer turns on, reconnect it to your computer. Then try to print again once the computer fully recognizes the USB connection.
The 1203 error indicates either a communication problem between your cartridges and your printer or a short in one of the cartridges. Please follow the steps below to identify and fix the issue:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Open the printer cover. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
Note: If the carrier does not automatically move to the center, turn off the printer/unplug the printer from the power source and then slide the carrier to the center.
3. Remove both cartridges from the carrier.
4. Close the printer cover.
5. Re-brick your printer. Pull out the power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds.
6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge. Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge. Then try to print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
20,091 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!