Lenovo ThinkPad - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support - Page 3
Just recently bought a levono
My levono does the same thing it virtially turns off the touchpad when typing to stop mouse from moving and causing you issues, I found a setting in the touchpad software to stop this from happening
on May 05, 2017
It helps to know what device model and OS you are using though the following steps for changing from pattern lock to slide are for Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich):
1. Unlock your Android device
2. Find the Applications menu and select "Settings"
3. Under the "PERSONAL" group, select " Security"
4. Under "SCREEN SECURITY" group, select "Screen Lock"
This will ask for the security pattern first.
5. The options for screen lock will appear, select "Slide" and you are done!
Hope this helps.
on Mar 14, 2017
How do i take a screenshot on a lenovo thinkpad r500
1. Set your computer with the screen you wish to capture.
2. Click on the "PrtScr" button, usually located on the top right side of the key board.
3. Click the 'Start' button on the 'Taskbar' and type "Paint" in the search field. Once the Windows find the program, open it, and click on the 'Paste' option on the top left side.
4. On the keyboard, click "CTRL+S", and save the file on the computer, where it will be able to locate it later.
5 Send the file as an attachment.
on Nov 21, 2016
Lenovo R400 Error 0210 stuck key 5b
Stuck key error means that one or more keys on the keyboard are stuck. It's possible that a liquid spill can also cause one or more keys to electrically "short" causing the error. Inspect the keyboard and check if any keys are mechanically stuck.
If you're mechanically handy you can remove the keyboard, inspect any chances of damage or corrosion. Plug it back and see if error is still occurring.
Reset BIOS to default settings. Perform Flee Power - remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer. Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and turn ON the computer.
on Aug 19, 2016
I am unable to read my attached documents please advice what to do?
depending on the format of the document you might need a separate program to read. .file extension "txt", ".doc" should work on a standard windows PC. "docx" (newer office format might need a different program (google for "word viewe"), for ".pdf" google for acrobat reader
for a comprehensive list o file extensions and the programmes which created them check the link:
on Jul 04, 2016
How do I re-boot and old linovo R61i laptop
take the new battery out
see if it will kick start just on mains power
if you hear a beep as it powers up mother board is ok
if the mother board is dead and no beeps it wont start up
try this each time from power up
if you hear a beep hold down
one of these F5 of F1 or F 12 wait to
see if a menu from the mother board itself is visabe
then follow the prompts
if nothing also suspect hard drive or chip failure
on Jun 19, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?