Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support

I have the 405 and a Samsung 3600 which has onboard DTS Master/ Dolby True HD. Out of the 6 movies I 've watched, only 2 have given me Dolby Digital. Bottom line: If the movie doesn't have DD, you cant get DD on the 405. I thought just about all blu rays had DD but its not so. Its time for us to upgrade!

Kenwood VR-405... | Answered on Feb 21, 2020

That is a typical function of the movie you are watching..changing the sound mode can "usually" only be done by selecting it on the disc, or by using the audio button on your player depending on the model.

Kenwood VR-407... | Answered on Feb 21, 2020

yes you will need speakers connected to the receiver - you will need a pair of 8 Ohm speakers able to handle 70 Watts per channel

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Dec 04, 2019

Use code search on your GE URC to find something that works. If a search through all codes stored in the URC fails, try a different one.

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Nov 30, 2019

Hi James Kohler, to connect the EQ SH-8029 to the Kenwood KR-710, you must have two cables from 2 RCA to 2 RCA
One connects it to the EQ Line In (Line In) and on the other hand you connect it to the REC output of Tape1 in the Kenwood, the other cable goes from the Line Out of the EQ to the entrance Tape1 PLAY at Kenwood
In order to hear the equalized sound, you must select the Source, example; Radio CD, Phono and you must enable Tape 1
If you had used Tape 1 connections, you can use Tape 2 and if you have used both of Tape, you can do what you indicated first and what was in Tape 1 connect it to the Tape entrance, which brings the EQ
I hope you can connect it
Greetings Franco Dosil

Hola James Kohler, para conectar el EQ SH-8029 al Kenwood KR-710, deberas contar con dos cables de 2 RCA a 2 RCA
Uno lo coenctas en la Entrada de Linea del EQ(Line In) y por el otro lado lo conectas a la salida de REC de Tape1 en el Kenwood, el otro cable va desde la salida de Linea (Line Out) del EQ hasta la entrada PLAY de Tape1 en el Kenwood
Para poder escuchar el sonido ecualizado, deberas seleccionar la Fuente, ejemplo ; Radio CD, Phono y debes habilitar Tape 1
Si tubieras utilizadas las conexiones de Tape 1, puedes usar Tape 2 y si tienes utilizadas las dos de Tape, puedes hacer lo que te indique primero y lo que estaba en Tape 1 lo conectas en la entrada de Tape, que trae el EQ
Espero lo puedas conectar
Saludos Franco Dosil

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Nov 06, 2019

Google (kenwood)(hda81)(manual) without parens OR contact Kenwood directly to request.

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Oct 29, 2019

RC-R0620 is the remote control model number (RC-R0622 in U.K./EU) you can buy on eBay or amazon A universal remote may work but only if the universal has codes for your Kenwood. Check first.

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Oct 21, 2019

Encompass claims to have the remote control for the RXD-A53 here: . The direct link is . The RC-553 remote isn't in stock but should ship in 10 days. Other sites that sell replacement remotes list the RC-553 for sale. One source is . There is also an Ebay listing for the remote control.

I hope this helps.

Cindy Wells

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Oct 20, 2019

Hello Anonymous, you can connect your GE-1000 on the KA-1000, for that you will have to use two double RCA RCA chip cables, the first game is connected from LINE IN on the GE-1000 to REC OUT A
in the KA-1000 and the other LINE OUT game of the GE-1000 to PLAY IN A, of the KA-1000
In order to listen to equalized, you must play through the Phono, Radio or Auxiliary input and select Tape A
Try and comment
Regards Franco Dosil

Hola Anonimo, puedes conectar tu GE-1000 en el KA-1000, para eso tendras que usar dos cables dobles de fichas RCA RCA, el primer juego va conectado de LINE IN en el GE-1000 a REC OUT A
en el KA-1000 y el otro juego de LINE OUT del GE-1000 a PLAY IN A, del KA-1000
Para poder escuchar ecualizado, deberas reproducir por la entrada Phono , Radio o Auxiliar y seleccionar Tape A
Prueba y comenta
Saludos Franco Dosil

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Oct 08, 2019

Hello Anonymous, the fault may be in the power supply and polarization circuit of the display
The display is powered by an alternating current (AC) voltage of 3 to 4 volts and a negative direct current (DC) polarization voltage of - 22 to -27 volts
there are usually associated capacitors that lose value and can cause this type of failure
If you have technical knowledge, I send you the link so you can download the service manual
If not consult a specialized technical service
I hope you can solve the problem
Regards Franco Dosil

Hola Anonimo, la falla puede estar en el circuito de alimentaci?n y polarizaci?n del display
El display se alimenta con una tensi?n de corriente alterna(CA) de 3 a 4 volts y una tensi?n negativa corriente continua (DC) de polarizaci?n de - 22 a -27 volts
por lo general hay capacitores asociados que pierden el valor y pueden producir este tipo de fallas
Si tienes conocimientos t?cnicos, te env?o el link para que puedas descargar el manual de servicio
Sino consulta a un servicio t?cnico especializado
Espero puedas resolver el problema
Saludos Franco Dosil

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Oct 08, 2019

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenwood Logo

2,746 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5699 Answers

da surgen

Level 2 Expert

96 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76237 Answers

Are you a Kenwood Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides