Hotpoint Refrigerators - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Problem with drawer configuration. I have a Hotpoint Freezer. Model FZA84.
Does the problem move with the drawer when you shuffled them or did it do the same thing in the same position? If it moved it's the drawer causing the issue, if it stayed in the same place it's the freezer itself.
Empty the offending drawer and have a good look at it. A lot of front panels on freezer drawers are a 'push on' fit so check the front is clipped on correctly on both sides. Next check the runner rails and back panel of the area that drawer goes into. It might be something as simple as a lump of ice or something stuck to the side/back or a something in the drawer above or below blocking it.
6/28/2023 5:17:16 PM •
on Jun 28, 2023
No water from despener
Most times the problem is caused by the dual water control valve that controls the water dispenser. Other things could be frozen water inside the water filter assembly, lines or dispenser. Also problems with the dispenser controls=> WR55X10446
Location number 93 => HSS25GFPAWW Freezer Door and Dispenser
WR57X10051 Water Control Valve
Here is a=> Service Manual
Please remember that the service manual covers all models related to yours and some parts in manual will not be related to yours.If you would like to test the water control valve carefully apply 110 VAC to the water dispenser side or check the coil with an OHM meter. I will be here to answer your questions if you need more answers but at this moment I feel the problem is the dual water control valve
, Thanks, Sea Breeze
5/29/2023 5:14:23 PM •
on May 29, 2023
I heard some clicking noises
yes . it sounds like the main board . the clicking would be the relay that starts compressor ... change the main board .. mm feed back pls . with a model # i can give you part # & price .
5/17/2023 6:40:48 AM •
on May 17, 2023
Can you disconnect the ice maker only on a hotpoint ctx21ga refrigerater
Yes, you can disconnect the ice maker on a Hotpoint CTX21GA refrigerator. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Unplug the refrigerator from the electrical outlet or turn off the power at the circuit breaker.
- Locate the water supply line that runs from the back of the refrigerator to the ice maker. It is typically a flexible plastic or copper tube.
- Find the valve where the water supply line connects to the refrigerator. It may be located behind a panel or cover.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator by closing the valve. You may need to turn it clockwise to shut it off.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the valve by loosening the compression nut or other connector.
- Locate the ice maker inside the freezer compartment. It is usually mounted on the back wall or ceiling.
- Unplug the ice maker's electrical connector by pulling it out of the socket.
- Remove any screws or mounting brackets that hold the ice maker in place and gently pull it out of the freezer compartment.
- If you wish to permanently remove the ice maker, you can disconnect the wiring harness and remove the mounting bracket.
- If you plan to reconnect the ice maker in the future, you can leave the wiring harness connected and store the ice maker in a safe place.
- Reconnect the water supply line to the valve and turn the water supply back on.
- Plug the refrigerator back in or turn the power back on at the circuit breaker.
2/21/2023 12:04:57 PM •
on Feb 21, 2023
How to change the fast freeze flap on a hotpoint HUZ 1221
- Remove any food or items from the freezer compartment.
- Locate the fast freeze flap at the back of the freezer compartment. This is usually a small plastic or metal door that can be opened and closed.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws or clips that secure the fast freeze flap in place.
- Carefully lift the fast freeze flap off of its hinges and set it aside.
- Take the new fast freeze flap and place it in the same position as the old one, making sure the hinges are aligned properly.
- Secure the new fast freeze flap in place using the screws or clips that you removed earlier.
- Close the freezer compartment door and return any food or items to the freezer.
1/3/2023 11:30:25 PM •
on Jan 03, 2023
Hotpoint fridge problem, warm fride, but freezer working good
Fridge along bottom shelves is much colder than the very top shelf which has milk etc., leading to spoilage. Fridge is at highest setting. In the upper left rear of the fridge compartment, is a cover for what I believe to be a circulatory fan. However, trying to remove this cover is difficult.
It seems that the clip nuts to which the two (2) small capscrews fasten are free wheeling and not allowing me easy access to the motor.
My model no. is HSS221FMD WW
11/23/2022 7:49:28 PM •
on Nov 23, 2022
Problem with Hotpoint Ariston Freezer.
Why don't you call a domestic appliance company. At least you know you will not get someone that rips you off or burgles your home!
I removed your phone number for your safety.
7/13/2022 12:26:34 PM •
on Jul 13, 2022
Not finding what you are looking for?