Hitachi Televison & Video - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Hitachi LE42S704 none of the HDMI ports work, need to update (i think)
Are you getting the various HDMI inputs on the screen but it acts like nothing is connected? We have repaired hundreds of TV's with no HDMI signal over the years and have never had an update correct this issue. There is an IC close to the HDMI input jacks (U501) that decodes the data, that's always been the defective part. You can order the part and change it but you will need advanced soldering skills and the equipment to do it, I'd recommend replacing the main board if you can find one.
5/23/2023 4:18:27 AM •
on May 23, 2023
Can't highlight or select digital channels to autoscan on hitachi 51f59a
It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your Hitachi 51F59A TV not allowing you to select or highlight digital channels for autoscan. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
- Check the TV's settings: Make sure the TV is set to the correct input (such as "TV" or "antenna") and that the channel search or autoscan feature is turned on. Consult the TV's manual or the on-screen menu for instructions on how to access these settings.
- Check the TV's connection: Make sure the TV is properly connected to a digital antenna or cable box. Also, check that the cables are securely connected and not damaged.
- Check for a firmware update: Sometimes a firmware update can resolve issues like this. Check the TV's manual or the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to check for and install firmware updates.
- Try a factory reset: If the above steps don't work, you can try performing a factory reset on the TV. This will restore the TV to its original settings and may resolve any issues with the channel search or autoscan feature. Consult the TV's manual or the on-screen menu for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
- Check for a hardware issue: If none of the above solutions work, the issue could be caused by a hardware problem with the TV. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer or a repair professional to have the TV serviced.
3/18/2023 8:43:58 AM •
on Mar 18, 2023
Hitachi tv black screen ?
but nothing else
If your Hitachi television has sound but a black screen, it is likely that either the bulb or the inverter has gone bad. The inverter is a part of the backlight system. If the inverter is not functioning, the backlight will not work and the television will be dark. You should check to see if the bulb needs to be replaced first. If the bulb is working and the inverter doesn't turn on, then you may need to have a technician take a look at the television.
1/6/2023 3:08:36 PM •
on Jan 06, 2023
Not finding what you are looking for?