HEWLETT-PACKARD InkJet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Reset hp t790
In Diagnoses mode EEPROM reset has to do for resetting,
Entering the Diagnostics Menu
1. Make sure the product is switched off with the Power key on the side of the Touch Screen Panel, and not with the power switch on the back of the product.
2. Press and release the Power key to switch on the product.
3. Wait for about 10 seconds until the 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel have come on and then press and release one after another Cancel> Home> Help buttons.
4. The 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel will then blink 4 times; then wait until the product completes the initialization sequence and shows the Diagnostics menu.
5. In the Diagnostics menu scroll to EEPROM reset..
But we strongly recommends that useres are not suppose to do this activities, printer may disturbed all the way...
on Mar 18, 2019
Fix paper jam
look at back of printer for a latch to open and check for paper and/or lift lid were u access cartridges and see if any paoper stuck. also take out paper tray, or lift cover to check for paper. then close all switch of on printer before unplugging wait a minute and restart.
on Apr 09, 2018
How to turn off web services on a HP T790
You can configure the printer's Internet connection from the Embedded Web Server or from the front
NOTE: If an administrator password has been set, it will be required to change these settings. Thus,
the administrator can prevent the printer from being connected to the Internet, if desired.
? In the Embedded Web Server: select Setup > Internet connection.
? Using the front panel: press , then , then Connectivity > Internet connectivity.
The following settings are available:
? Enable Internet connection: The default value is Yes.
Change to No
on Sep 10, 2015
What is the question mark mean on my screen
"?" on the right of the screen is about helpful instructions.
When you touch the ? , the printer display should show up some helpful instructions.
If the printer does not respond to press the ?, then try the below steps.
> Remove all the ink cartridges
> while the printer is ON, uplug the power cord from back of the printer.
> wait for 60 seconds. Plug in the power cord to the printer.
> Install ink cartridges when prompted.
on Feb 25, 2015
Printing too much ink
Return Cartridge. To much ink indicates a bad seal on the cartridge. Or you have a defective circuit board on the printer. I beleive it is a bad cartridge. Captain Jack
on Nov 10, 2014
Remove roll from sheet path
This is one of frequent error in this series.
as you know two types of media paths 1. roll media 2. Sheet media. In sheeteet media loading area, you can observe 'u' shaped(extremly right side where sheet media sits) plastic mould which paper passes through in it. This palstic mould contains paper sensor to sence the sheetmedia. If this sensor is dusty, printer will treats that sheet path accupied by media. The best method to clean this sensor is to blow pressure air in this sheet path area.bicycle pump is best for this process.. try it...
on Sep 24, 2014
Error 08 11
No communication between the product and the Touch Control Panel
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance 07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately
2. Turn off the product and turn on again, and check to see if the error remains.
3. Upgrade the firmware
4. Check the condition of the USB cable, check it is not damaged or incorrectly connected.Reconnect USB cable (from Engine PCA to the Interconnect PCA or from Interconnect
PCA to the Touch Control Panel
5. Replace the USB cable
6. Replace the Interconnect PCA, see Interconnect PCA on page 315.
7. Replace the Engine PCA see EE Box on page 281
8. If the error continues, replace the Touch Control Panel
on May 03, 2014
Hello, I have a T790 with 60.2:17 error since the
1. Switch the power off from the back of the product, wait two minutes, then switch it back on again.
2. Check the power cord; try connecting it to another power socket.
3. Check that the product is properly connected in all other respects.
4. Switch the power off from the back of the product; remove the Formatter; reinsert the Formatter; switch the power on again.Process 2..1. Turn off the product with the Power Key on the left of the Touch Control Panel.
2. Press and release the Power Key to turn on the product.
3. Wait for about 10 seconds until the 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel come on and then press
and release one after another the RIGHT -> HOME buttons.
4. Wait for the unit to complete the booting process. The logs are now enabled in the product even if
the product hangs and shows a system error.
Once U got the error, check the error related spare, replace it, any help post your query..
on Sep 17, 2013
Not finding what you are looking for?