HEWLETT-PACKARD Computers & Internet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Bootmgr missing on hp pavilion slimline s5503w
This document pertains to HP and Compaq desktop PCs that came with Windows 7.
The following error opens when attempting to start the PC:BOOTMGR is missingPress CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart the PCIf you recently installed an additional hard drive, turn off the computer and remove the drive before using the following steps:
- Open HP System Recovery:CAUTION:Do not perform a system recovery! Stop at the first recovery screen.
- Press the F11 key repeatedly while the computer is starting.
- If you have a recovery disc, turn on the PC and insert the first recovery disc into the drive. Use the disc to enter the system recovery.
- Select Microsoft Startup Repair tool and wait for repair to find and fix errors. When finished, restart the computer; even if the startup repair tool finds errors but cannot fix them.
- If the error message persists, open the recovery manager screen as was done in step 1.
- At the recovery manager screen, press ALT + D.
- Enter the following text at the command prompt: bootrec /rebuildbcd
- If bootrec displays "Add installation to boot list?", press y .After bootrec completes successfully, the computer displays "The operation completed successfully".
- To close the command prompt, enter the following text: exit
- At the Recovery Manager screen, select Microsoft Startup Repair tool (again) and wait for startup repair to find and fix errors. When finished, restart the computer.
- The error should no longer open. If it does, perform a system recovery, making sure to backup important files.
If you removed a hard drive before using these steps, replace the drive. If the error occurs again, make sure the additional hard drive is not set as an active drive. Only the main bootable drive should be set as active.
on Feb 13, 2020
Myp 8460p wont play dvd media
Answered previously (If the DVD player works, *try and seek if the player recognises a DVD), then you need to install software to play your DVD. VLC Media player is excellent, free and plays anything.)
on Sep 04, 2019
I cannot set up Outlook with my Att.net settings.
I am really sorry to hear that, if you have done all the steps, then I would highly suggest to contact AT&T because they have a system that will just activate your outlook on their end, I believe they will just unblock something on their system then you are good to go.
Here's the contact number for AT&T phone support.
on Jul 17, 2019
How to use SIM in HP elitebook 8440?
That's for Ray Gallant who thinks there's no sim card slot in a lapotp :) . It is a 3g modem build in .
About your question you will need to download drivers from
HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC
here for the modem . You will need to select your operation system then go to Software - Solutions > and download HP Connection Manager . If it still does not work you may try to download some of the Driver - Network drivers but i'm not sure which one will work.
on Jul 04, 2019
HP G72-253NR Laptop - Using an External Keyboard
I think you have a broken USB keyboard or USB port. Simply plugging in the keyboard should be enough to make it work. First try the keyboard in a different USB port. Test the caps lock to see if the LED goes on and off. Also try a different keyboard and also test it in a different computer.
on Jan 31, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?