Hello, Leo -
is a website intended for asking and answering questions on how to go about REPAIRING THINGS.
I chose to answer as a kindness.
Cases of accidental and deliberate Epilim overdose have been reported. At plasma concentrations of up to 5 - 6 times the maximum therapeutic levels, there are unlikely to be any symptoms other than nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
Signs of acute massive overdose, i.e. plasma concentration 10 - 20 times maximum therapeutic levels, usually include CNS depression or coma with muscular hypotonia, hyporeflexia, miosis, impaired respiratory function, metabolic acidosis, hypotension and circulatory collapse/shock. A favourable outcome is usual, however some deaths have occurred following massive overdose.
Symptoms may however be variable and seizures have been reported in the presence of very high plasma levels (see also section 5.2 Pharmacokinetic Properties). Cases of intracranial hypertension related to cerebral oedema have been reported.
The presence of sodium content in the Epilim formulations may lead to hypernatraemia when taken in overdose.
Hospital management of overdose should be symptomatic, including cardio-respiratory monitoring. Gastric lavage may be useful up to 10 - 12 hours following ingestion.
Haemodialysis and haemoperfusion have been used successfully.
Naloxone has been successfully used in a few isolated cases, sometimes in association with activated charcoal given orally.
In case of massive overdose, haemodialysis and haemoperfusion have been used successfully.
I suggest you make a telephone call to the individuals doctor SOON and ask your question. The advice may be to take the individual to the nearest hospital emergency services.