The driver listed on the web for 2K is compatible with XP.
1) Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2) Under the SCANNERS heading select Epson Perfection Series and then your scanner model.
3) Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows. Download the most current driver for your Windows operating system.
4) Follow prompts through survey and license agreement. Choose to SAVE this file to your DESKTOP.
5) When the download is complete, double-click on the Epson icon on the desktop. This will automatically extract the files and begin the SETUP.
6) Follow the prompts to install the scanner, and click on FINISH when prompted.
7) At this point reconnect the scanner to the computer.
8) You will see an ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD. Make sure INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AUTOMATICALLY (Recommended) is checked and click NEXT.
9) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
10) Your scanner is now installed. Restart your computer before testing.