Dyson Vacuums - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Dyson DC 44 Animal Stick Vacuum clean brush not turning
it sounds like you need to replace the belt , there should be a band made of rubber sort of like a rubber band but thicker and bigger that will be rapped around one side of the brush this is the way the brush is able to spin ,you should be able to purchase it were you got the vacuum or the website
When cleaning the cyclone head can this be flushed with water?
Hi Len, it's Jack at Dyson.
The cyclone pack on your DC14 should never be washed, flushed with water or submerged. Any residual water left within the assembly could cause permanent damage to your vacuum not covered under warranty. It could also contribute to an unpleasant odour from your machine in use.
To clean the clear bin and shroud, you can remove the clear bin from the cyclone pack using the catch on the rear of the cyclone pack, as shown below. A soft brush or dry cloth can then be used to remove any clinging fluff or debris from the shroud. Gently tapping the cyclone pack will also help remove any clinging dust particles.
You can also rinse or wipe the inside of the clear bin with a damp cloth to remove any dust particles, but make sure it's completely dry before reassembling.
I hope this helps, but if you'd like any further guidance on maintaining your vacuum, please give our experts a call on 0800 298 0298 (UK), 1-866-693-9766 (US), 1-877-397-6622 (CA) or 1800 239 766 (AU).
Dyson airwrap hair styler turns off at some heat settings and red light is blinking
If your Dyson Airwrap hair styler is turning off at certain heat settings and the red light is blinking, it could indicate a potential issue with the device. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Check the power supply: Ensure that the Airwrap is properly plugged into a functioning power outlet and that the power cable is securely connected to the device.
2. Reset the device: Unplug the Airwrap from the power source and wait for about 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and try turning it on again. This reset may resolve any temporary issues.
3. Clean the filter: The Airwrap has a filter located near the base of the handle. Check if the filter is clogged with dust or debris. If so, gently clean it with a soft brush or by rinsing it under running water. Allow it to dry completely before reinserting it into the device.
4. Check for overheating: The red blinking light on the Airwrap can also indicate that the device has overheated. If this is the case, it may have an automatic shut-off feature to protect against damage. Allow the Airwrap to cool down for a while before using it again. Make sure the vents on the device are clear and not blocked by hair or other obstructions.
5. Contact Dyson support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to contact Dyson customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting advice or arrange for repairs if necessary.
Remember to refer to the user manual or Dyson's official support channels for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific model of the Dyson Airwrap hair styler.
How do i clean my dyson root cyclone vacuum
believe it or not i would use a long paint brush with a opened bin linner,, to collect all the dust,,,
you can wash your blue filter in plain water and leave to dry as u would pots n pans on the side,,
when u have cleaned the area around the cyclone.. close your eyes and blow into the cyclone.. then use another large hoover to remove access dust and rubbish that was in the cyclone,
hope this helps reguards lee.
Dyson suddenly hard to push on carpet
I know this sounds silly, but it works. Turn it over and wipe all the black residue off the bottom of it (off the plastic on the bottom that rubs on the carpet as you push and pull it). I thought my husband was out of his mind when he told me that was the solution, but it really works.
Dyson DC40 Upright Vacuum. The brush bar intermittently not working.
Question edited for clarity.
Question moved to model category.
You say 'vacuuming the floor'. Hard floors should not have the brush bar turning. The brush is for carpets only.
There are two belts on this machine. One is between the clutch unit and is very hard to remove. you can however remove the brush belt and remove all fluff, hairs and threads and then replace the belt.
The canister will not snap
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your DC14. If the canister won't reattach to the vacuum, you might want to check you have it assembled correctly - you can find out how to do this in the user guide supplied with your cleaner. In case you don't have this to hand, here's an online copy:http://media.dyson.com/downloads/us/floorcare/manuals/dc14_opmanual_usa2007.pdf
If you're certain the bin is assembled correctly and it still won't attach to the cleaner, it's probably best if you get in touch with us directly so one of our experts can run through some troubleshooting checks over the phone with you. You can call us free on 08002980298 (UK), or 1866MYDYSON (US).
Dyson Customer Service
My Dyson DC35 just stopped .
Question edited for clarity and typos. Please don't call a Dyson a 'Hoover' (registered name of Hoover Inc), James Dyson will be very upset. :>D
Yes you can buy batteries very easily, but you need ascertain that it is the battery, or the charger, or the control board? With a digital multimeter it is very easy to check battery and charger, but you will need Dyson service to diagnose a board issue.
What size Torx screwdriver do I need to fix a Dyson V8
You ONLY need a T15 for these models DC01, DC02, DC03, DC04, DC05, DC07, DC08, DC14, DC19 and DC25.
If you are going to be working on models such as the the DC24 and other later Ball machines like the DC15 and DC18, and newer machines like the DC39, DC40 and DC41, not to mention new Cinetic machines, you will also need a T10 with an anti-tamper end and also a T8 for some jobs.
If you are planning to repair later models, get a T8, T10 T and the T15 T (The extra "T" denotes anti-tamper).
My dyson dc25 got over full and just stopped working. It turned on with half power but wouldn't sick anything up and now won't turn on at all. Please help.
Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check the filter: Make sure that the filter is clean and that there is no blockage in the filter.
- Check the bin: Make sure that the bin is empty and that there is no blockage in the bin.
- Check the brush bar: Make sure that the brush bar is not clogged with hair or debris.
- Check the hose: Make sure that the hose is not clogged or blocked.
- Check the motor: Make sure that the motor is working properly.
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the power supply is working properly and that the vacuum cleaner is properly plugged in.
- Consult the manual: Consult the manual for specific troubleshoot and service information for your Dyson DC25 vacuum cleaner model.
Not finding what you are looking for?