DeLonghi EC - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Coffee stops flowing
Run a 50/ 50 vinegar & distilled water solution through it. Only use distilled or bottled, purified drinking water from now on.
I have very little pressure when making an
I had that problem once when I ground my coffee too fine? Perhaps your grounds are too fine or your packing too much in. Try a bit courser grind and maybe not so much and not stamp it too hard? Hope that works!
I have a delonghi EC701
First, I'm not a delonghi technician. But I've worked on similar units.
* Table top brewers usually have water reservoirs that require monitoring and refilled when they get low (especially after brewing)
* It's possible the water level sensor is stuck (in the water reservoir) which tells the machine that it still has water and keeps heating the tank(s). Clean tank as described in your manual. You will still need servicing to check and replace fuse(s).
* There is usually two tanks/heaters in this type of table top machine (larger pro models use one large tank) The thermal limit fuse on one or both are probably blown. Call vendor for service.
* Did you change water source? Since this is a table top machine in which you fill the water tank. Try to use filtered (bottled ok) water. Do Not use Distilled or 100% pure water as this type of water will eat out the metals from your machine! Some places use a water softener as it tends to be better for the machine long term (years).
* Still got problems? Check with vendor or MFR for service or replacement. Most machines of this type do not have serviceable parts or adjustments.
Not finding what you are looking for?