Dell Office Equipment & Supplies - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
My dell 1130 has a steady red light
Maybe there is problem with toner cartridge (maybe it is empty or problem with the chip), paper jam or some mechanical problem. Try to take out the toner cartridge and put it back. If the blinking still exist try to replace the chip (or refill the toner cartridge) or check for paper jam. Maybe there is small part of paper - look carefully.good luck.Good luck
Paper jam for dell 1130 laser printer
Ive got a Dell 1130n that was jamming once it came out towards the top. if you take the top off (2 screws in front and 2 screws in the back) and the rollers right there at the back (once you get the top off) take that long "roller bar" and the springs that push up on that bar just slightly stretch them out and clean the rubber wheels with soap and water (allow to dry) and put everything back together. Also the wheels in the back could be cleaned too. If you open the rear cover there is another "roller bar", there are grey clips on each side that if you pull down the click into place, just unsnap the "roller bar" and clean these wheels as well. It has worked great for me so far.
Dell 1320c printing error "no paper detected"
I had the same problem. I removed the paper tray, turned the printer on its side and manually moved all the working parts on the bottom of the printer - rollers and switches..
When I reinserted the paper tray, everything worked fine.
PS. I ordered and returned a new paper tray from Dell, that was not the problem.
Dell 1350cnw printer paper jam
Not sure if this will help, but I resolved mine in the end by opening the toner compartment and removing all of them then popping them back in. I also 'scrubbed' some sensors via a blue pullout bar in the toner area.When I started up the printer, I then held down the Red X button until it said 'ready to print'. It's working fine now.HTH,Tony
How do i fix error code 009-654 on a dell 1350cnw
It indicates that your fuser is having issues. Open the top, and release the fuser using the release clip on either side of the fuser. Lift the fuser up a couple of inches then place it back down ensuring that it is well seated. Then secure the release clips to lock it into place. If this does not work, it may indicate that you need a new fuser assembly.
Dell Printer 1720
This error is caused by the the flap on the right hand side of the output tray (the tray the paper feeds into once it has printed). It becomes stuck in the up position and sends a false positive error to the printer. One "work around" for this is to tape a quarter to the plastic flap. This keeps the flap in a down position, thus negating the false positive. The other option is to call dell laser printer tech support to get it fixed. <If it is still under warranty>
Paper jam dell 1720dn printer
I have taken the toner and the drum out to find a paper jam and could not find anything. I even turned the printer "off" and "on" and the "paper jam" light stays on. What can we do?
Dell 2130cn printer has error
Hello everybody! i resolved this kind of problems by removing the small piece of paperwas jammed in, my advice is just check inside printer because I did it for 10 or may be 15 times and fixed it on 16 times )))
This error can also be caused by other problems, two of which are as follows.
1) The paper tray has a flap which opens when the MPF (Multi Purpose Feeder) is lowered. If this flap has been pushed out of one of its pivot points due to 'rough' handling of the paper tray, it can cause paper jams, and it can sometime cause the printer to 'think' it has a jam.
Just re-locate the flap properly, and make sure that it does open when you pull the MPF down.
I've seen this happen on a fe of these printers - keep your thumb OFF the flap of the paper tray when you open and close it to reload it with paper.
2) Paper quality can be a cause - seen this happen on this printer when a different paper was used - more likely with a printer that has done a lot of work and the pickup/transport rollers are starting to wear.
Replacement pickup and transport rollers are available quite cheaply on THAT well known internet auction site (and probably elsewhere to)
Error code 093-921
If you are seeing any or all of these error codes on the Dell 3130cn Laser Pinter that there is a Firmware Update to address this issue
. However, the firmware cannot be
applied when there is an error present, so first try reseating all toners. You may need to repeat this several times before errors are cleared. Once error-free, download the Firmware from the Dell Support website and apply.
Reset the Cyan toner properly.
TapeOn a cart... Cart Error 093-919, 093-920, 093-921, 093-922 on a Dell Color Laser Printer 3110cn 3115cn 3130cn tape POST Laser Printer 3110cn 3115cn 3130cn
- Verify all packaging has been removed from the printer cartridge. This includes any tape or red handles. Also verify the toner cartridge is properly installed.
- Remove the toner cartridge and clean the toner housing of any excess toner with a clean dry cloth. Reseat the toner cartridge when finished cleaning.
- Check that all toners are Dell branded and not refills. Take note of all PPIDs (Serial Numbers). Check that all toners are for the correct model
- If any toners are non Dell, swap with another toner
- Run diagnostics on the toner cartridge sensor.
- Power off the printer.
- Hold down the and buttons on the printer and power the printer on.
- Release your fingers from the keys when the message Diagnosing... appears.
Customer Mode and ESS Diag display.
- Press the button until IOT Diag appears and press the button.
On the LCD, Digital Input appears.
- Press the button until Digital Input appears and press the button.
- Press the or button until DI-8 for (yellow) DI-9 for (Magenta) DI-b for (Cyan) and DI-a for (Black) appears and press the button twice. It is only necessary to run the diagnostic on the toner cartridge to which the error applies
- Open the front cover. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 - Open the Front Cover
- Remove and replace the toner cartridge. Every time the toner cartridge is reseated, the counter on the Operator Panel will increase by 1.
- If the diagnostic does not increase by 1 then replace the toner cartridge.
- If the diagnostic does increase by 1 and the error persists, Please contact Dell Technical Support for further advice.
Dell 3130cn gone down with repeating 016-370 Error...
This type of error code implies that you need to restart the printer again. However, do check to see if toner cartridges are seated in the proper position. Also ensure that they have been locked in. This is an error commonly associated with the Dell 3100cn laser printer. Please let me know the results.
Try a firmware update.
if that doesn't solve it, reseat controller card.
if that doesn't solve it, replace controller card
For the 370 error, try the same steps. If they don't solve, then replace the Machine Control Unit.
Replaceing these parts can get expensive.
Not finding what you are looking for?