Compaq Computers & Internet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I want to install xp on compaq nx 6310 give the procedure with pendrive
2006 PC (HP.coM) 16 years old.. ouch.
XP (microsoft) is now a horrible virus magnet, and there is ZERO support now, are you using the last XP earth 2020???
gee google that. 2001 to 2007 was XP rein , vista 2007
I bet there are 1millons of web site still with XP usage .(old topics)
google them. but Microsoft purged theirs.
it is not sold at all, so how in the world can you get the installer on any pen drive, and XP installed from CD not pen..
worst of all XP installer, can not us 99% of all USB ports and then only half after the install (unless you force them via F6 and floppy drive with xp drivers on the floppy for THIS PC)
to use any relic PCs run LINUX> not XP
Blood damage to switches
I don't know if this is a sign of the times but ?????????? I'm sorry that you had to clean all of the blood out of the machine. You should replace all of the switches etc. You can buy used parts for these machines on Ebay really cheap now.
I hope that you do not have to work on any more machines filled with blood.
This WEB site shows you how to download movies.http://www.wikihow.com/Download-a-Movie
How can i unblock websites
Open your browser and Click TOOLS/ INTERNET OPTIONS/ SECURITY/ TRUSTED SITES. Then if the box in the lower left corner is checked, UNCHECK IT. After that, type the web address you want to allow in the other box @ the top and click the ADD button. Click OK to close. Now you should have no problem. Do that for future websites you want to add as well. BUT PLEASE BE SURE TO ONLY ADD WEBSITES THAT YOU ARE CERTAIN TO BE SAFE!!! Otherwise the Threat of getting a virus comes into play. OK? GOOD LUCK!! and please rate me, k? thank you
I want to upgrade cpu
You need to find out what is compatible with your computer before you can look. I suggest googling what will work with whatever type of laptop you have then search for it on Newegg.com. I would like to go into more detail but the information you provided is below minimum.
CPU Upgrade ?Which Socket?
Whomever gave the 'clarifying information' has deleted it. Not Socket 370 eh? 'Anonymous' always knows best, and reading that website, I know who wrote it :>D Nice job. The question is from October 2007, so hopefully that old Pentium 3 is long gone to the great recycler in the sky!
Anonymous Mar 15, 2022
ALL WRONG ABOVE
THIS PC HAS SOLDER BALL GRID ARRAY CPU.
IT HAS NO SOCKET OF ANY KIND THERE.
CPU Upgrade Help Compaq M700
All M700 CPUs are SMT (Surface Mounted Technology) = soldered onboard. You have to replace the whole mobo if you wanna upgrade. Suggest you get the whole bottom piece from eBay - easiest way for upgrade!
The mobo also has a VR sub-board which I was told is different between PII->PIII 500mhz, PIII 600mhz -> PIII 750mhz, and PIII 800mhz-> PIII 1Ghz. So better replace the entire lower piece - lowerfixer.
Getting computer to turn on and retrieving old photos from a damaged computer that's in a fire but not burnt the smoke damage has been cleaned up it is a Compaq Presario 5000
Hopefully our Computer Guru Larry Ng will be along soon.
As long as it wasn't oven hot, there should not be that much wrong with it. I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Take the hard drive out and put it into a powered external hard drive enclose that is compatible with your hard drive. Easiest solution, and your old computer SERIOUSLY needs upgrading. Then your Hard Drive contents will be visible on the computer you connect the USB lead to as a separate volume. You will have C:\ with the operating system on, D:\ will be the Optical DVD Drive and E:\ will be the contents of the Compaq.
2. XP is old and a Virus Magnet. You may be able to buy a Windows 7, possibly Win 8 upgrade CD, but usually you need the media disc for the OS already on the computer. Or you can buy a full version, which will allow you to upgrade anything.
3. One more thing you can try is tapping F8 as the computer is booting and see if you can see 'Start Computer with last known best Configuration.
4. Or you can take it to a local Independent computer shop and ask them to recover all your data from the hard drive to USB Memory Stick
As I said, just suggestion until Larry gets here. I am a minor Expert compared to him.
How to fix 1780 disk 0 failure
- buy a new hdd.
- buy upgrade to SSD
- buy it in a PC store like Bestbuy
- buy it at ebay , amazon or 1000s of online stores (googled)
- the reload the OS.
- or have a shop fix your PC and avoid all this , work.
Not finding what you are looking for?