Coby Tablets & eReaders - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How to unlock tablet that has a forgotten pattern on it
if you have a google account, you can do this option
- When you try different patterns and unable to unlock your phone in five attempts. Then a message pop-up and shows two buttons "next" and "try again".
- Now click on "next" button and you see two options for unlocking phone. One is answer the security question and the second option is to provide Google account details.
- Mostly people don't set a security question. But if you set it then simply answer the question and unlock your device quickly. Otherwise check the Google account option and click "next".
- Now provide your Google account username and password attached with your device and click on "sign in".
- After that you are directed to choose new pattern and now you can unlock with this pattern.
if you don't have your google account, you can do the recovery option, but you will lose all your data in there
- Power off your phone.
- Now press Volume up, power and home button at the same time and wait until your device starts.
- When you see logo screen release the power button and keep pressed the other two buttons.
- Now your screen shows android system recovery and there is a list. Use Volume up or down keys to select option from the list. And select factory reset option and then press power button to let the action begin.
- Now it asks you for confirmation, select "yes".
- After factory reset completes, it again shows you android system recovery screen. Now select reboot option and after restart it will not ask you for pattern.
How Do I Get Past a Pattern Lock MID8024
- Turn off the unit.
- Plug the unit into an electrical outlet.
- Take a microSD card out of the slot. (Empty the microSD card slot.)
- Press and hold down the power button for a few seconds while pressing and holding down the "Home" (Silver Push Button) button. (Both "Power" and "Home" buttons must be pressed down until he see the phrase "upgrade system activated" in the middle of the screen.
- Release both buttons once the phrase "upgrade system activated" appears on the screen.
- Wait until it reboots. You will see the following sentences on the left top corner of the screen: Can not find any update image. Press MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP key to init SD card, Press BACK/KEY_VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel.
- Press the "VOLUME UP" key. The volume up key is located at the left side of the unit and the button is closer to the built-in camera than the volume down button.
- Wait until it finishes making a partition and shut down the system automatically.
- Once the unit is turned off, your system will be reset to the factory settings. Thus, your previous data are lost at this point.
Can't downlaod books. Error message
DRM is digital rights management (copyrighted), the tablet doesnt support copyrighted .EPUB books, you would need to put a .EPUB without a DRM on it.
1. Turnn completly off the tablet.
2. With the tablet turned off, holding the return button while turning on the tablet-pressing power button. Keep holding the return button until you see the Hard Factory reset screen.
3. Confirm the hard reset procedure. Once done, simply wait until process has finished-the tablet will restart. This process can take up to 30 minutes, so it's very important that the battery of the tablet is completly charged before attempting the hard reset. If you can connect it to the charger while resetting, even better.
Regards! If that helped, don't forget to accept my answer!
How can i get youtube to load on my coby 4.0 inhernet tablet
I am not familiar with that specific tablet, but if you have the Youtube app, and it just will not open, uninstall it, restart your device, then re-install the app. A lot of times updates, either to the app itself, the tablet software, or Android, can create slight incompatibilities in an app. A simple uninstall/re-install will often fix it. How to uninstall depends on your current software. On some of my Android devices I can press and hold the app icon which will open a little "App info" balloon. Tap it, and you will have an uninstall option. Otherwise you may need to go into Settings. If your Settings screen has tabs across the top, choose General. Look for something like Applications or App Info. Open that and scroll down to the app, tap it, and you will have an option to uninstall.
How to change pass pattern on Coby
go to setting I think security or there should a pattern lock setting go there should say change password setting it will ask to type old 1 in and then type a new passcode in
How to install google play app on my coby mid9740
All Android apps are files downloaded from the Play Store. The app file name is "com.android.vending" and it is found in this path : sdcard/Android/data.
The suggested method is to copy that file from an Android device (phone or tablet) to a SD or microSD card and move that card to your device.You can use the "My Files" app (folder icon) to go there and see it, then copy it
A word of caution: Many Android apps may not work with the Android version of your device because the manufacturer may have a modified Android operating system. I discovered this on my Lenovo ThinkPad which had its own version of downloading apps. I loaded this file and "Google Play Store" was working, but sometimes stopped.
How do I download apps and books?
I find applications and ebooks free at btjunkie.org
just type in the search box ebooks or whatever applications you are looking for in the search box. It is a P2P program that delivers torrent files to the public. Beware that using these sites are not illegal some of the content is though. I hope that this assisted you. Thanks for using FixYa! John
Not finding what you are looking for?