Canon Office Equipment & Supplies - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
- Unplug the printer.
- Remove the faulty Cartridge
- Plug in the printer and press and hold power button
- Keep it held down. Press Resume twice, and this should reset the fault.
- The last cartridge installed may be faulty.
- Install a new cartridge
- When error is indicated, turn power switch off so green light is extinguished.
- Hold down resume button and hold down power button so both are held down at same time
- When green light comes on, continue holding down power button and let resume button go, then press resume button twice.
- Let power button go.
- Press resume button four times, power button should be released before doing this.
- Wait until printer settles down, if power is off, turn on. If power will not come on, remove power cord from back of printer, then wait 15 seconds before plugging back in again and turn power on.
5 hours ago
try searching this website since this question comes up at least twice a week !!
It would be helpfulful if your query listed the OS of the computer connected to the printer as failure to do so makes a respondant have to address multiple solutions.
The solution common to both Windows and Mac computers generally involves removal of the printer from listings as a device attached to the computer followed by reinstallation of the printer. With the Apple computers:
- Click the Apple icon in the top left of the screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- If the padlock in the bottom left is locked:
Click it, enter your password and click OK.
- Click the - button. to remove the printer and the + to add it again leaving the options on default.
These common procedures are listed on: https://www.fixkb.com/2009/02/mac-canon-printer-error-306_1485.html
Basically, after removing the printer programmatically and detaching it from the computer, reattach it and follow the installation dialogue boxes. If there is a glitch (failure to install), try installing the drivers manually.
If the OS is Windows then remove the printer using the printers and scanners menu, then just follow the add printer dialogues. As with the Mac's, if installation fails, try installing the drivers manually.
The 306 error refers to a "communications" error between computer and printer.
3 days ago
The ink has run out. Replace the ink cartridge and close the paper output cover. If printing
is in progress and you want to continue printing
, press the machine's Stop button for at least 5 seconds with the ink cartridge installed. Then printing
can continue under the ink out condition.Dec. 26, 2012
A Support Code and A Message Are Displayed
on May 06, 2021
The easiest fix for this error is to perform a power cycle. Doing so will flush out any broken configuration and forces the printer to add a new configuration. Here is how to do it.
Unplug your Printers power cord as well as the USB cable that is connected to your PC.
Keep the printer powered off for at least 3 minutes. After three minutes, plug the power cord and USB cable back and turn it on.
Check for any improvements after the printer restarts. If not, continue the troubleshooting steps.
Power off the printer again.
Open the printer’s lid for the scanner. Turn on the printer again keeping the lid open.
Close the lid after the printer restarts. Check for any improvements.
on May 05, 2021
- Firstly, unplug the power and the USB cables from the printer.
- Open the cartridge door and press down the Power button.
- Continue to hold the Power button while plugging the power cord into the wall socket.
- Keep holding the Power button until the printer starts resetting itself.
- Once all the lights are on, you may release it.
- Wait for the green power light to turn off.
- Then, press and release the Power button quickly twice.
- The green light should blink for a few more seconds and finally stabilize.
- Feel free to close the cartridge door and try printing again.
error is often caused by ink spills on your printer in. The same applies to a full ink absorber or full waste ink counter, so reset the ink absorber.
on May 04, 2021
I had the same problem, and I solved it.
You have to disable ink status wiever, you do that by holding start/stop button for at least 5 sec.
on Apr 26, 2021
not English I do not read yours and if you do not change it most of us can not understand the question
on Apr 26, 2021
if you installed the printer by USB, the computer will have installed the drivers for that connection. ( Although USB is Plug and Play ) I,d refer to your user manual regarding bluetooth connectivity, also your printer.
The bluetooth device ( printer ) usually has to transmit signals, to be detected by the Computer. You,ll probably find that if you enable bluetooth on the Laptop. And turn the bluetooth on the Printer ( if Applicable ) by turning on/off or other function ( sync et,c ) the laptop will sense the Printers signal.
Once you have a communication between the two your setup.
I,d suggest unplugging the USB, as the laptops software/hardware, will assume that the printer already has an adequate connection, and will look no further.
Hoipe this resolves your questions regarding Bluetooth Connectivity.
Mike @ compurepair.
Canon PIXMA iP90...
on Apr 24, 2021
THE ORIGINAL NEEDS TO BE SCANNED WITH SCANNER WHICH IS NOT THRU THE FEED ROLLS
on Apr 20, 2021
IF WE WERE CANON TECH SUPPORT WE MIGHT KNOW BUT ALAS WE ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH CANON
on Apr 20, 2021
Not finding what you are looking for?