Boating - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
What are the best places in Seattle to go kayaking?
Kayaking is the new canoeing and a fun family activity everyone can do at their own pace. But kayaks are expensive, so before you run out to buy one, consider renting one instead. At many spots, you can also sign-up to take guided nature tours or rent stand up paddle-boards. Sound like fun? Read on for a list of places where you can get the whole fam geared up and ready for some summertime paddling fun.
A Complete List of Top 4 Fishing Spot in USA
- Best Place: Florida Keys
- Fishes Found: Bonefish, Milkfish, Trout, Salmon, Redfish, and Snook
- Preparation Needed: Kayak in the shore and boat in across the blue tide. Spinning reel for smaller prey and bait casting reel for fly fishing.
- Other Places: Jacksonville, Banana River, St. Acquisition
- OtherKayaking Information: You can enjoy fish barbeque from your game fish and also camp out in the wild with the help of the local organizations. These are very affordable and helpful.
- Best Place: Lake Texoma
- Fishes Found: Trout, Salmon, King Salmon, Marlin
- Preparation Needed: Kayak, with both spinning reel and baitcasting reel, motor with the kayak
- Other Places: You can try out Caddo lake, Lake Amistad, Lake Fork
- Other Kayaking Information: You can enjoy the lake beach in Caddo Lake after you get a bit tired of all the kayaking. There is also a nearby spa if you are in the mood for some refreshment.
N-Joy North Carolina
- Best Place: Kona River
- Fishes Found: Mahi-Mahi, Sharks, Tuna, Salmon, Puffer, Marlin
- Preparation Needed: Motor kayak, large threaded spool, larger storage
- Other Places: You can also check out the Buro-buro island and the Crystal Lake
- Other Kayaking Information: There is a lot of different kayaking stores in Hawaii, and you can pick up different kinds of accessories from those at a very affordable rate.
- Best Place: Outer Banks
- Fishes Found: Tuna, King Salmon, Flounder, Trout, Blue finned marlin, milkfish
- Preparation Needed: Kayak, motors, hooks, fishing license
- Other Places: You can also try out nearby places of Outer Banks. Most of them offer a wide variety of fishing tools at an affordable price. Plus, you can also go to the water aquarium nearby.
- Other Kayaking Information: It would be better if you always carry a motor and a large container on your way. Cause the water might get rough at times, and you might end up in a bit of trouble.
9/9/2021 11:27:06 AM •
on Sep 09, 2021
Directional indicator misaligned
How do I fix
On the head of the unit (where the direction indicator is) push down and turn the round plastic plate (this plate has the direction indicator on it) clockwise until the direction indicator mark is in line with the alignment bar on the non-moveable part on the head. You will hear several "clicks" and this means that the indicator plate is clicking around to the proper directional alignment with the motor in the water. If it is still not functioning then, Take the head apart...just 3 or 4 screws up from the bottom. The direction arrow is "driven by a plastic gear that may have a "C" type ring holding the arrow and the gear together. The arrow sits on top of the gear with knurled splines. If either one is stripped or broken you'll have to purchase a new head housing.
Depending on the year some of these are as simple as lifting up on the arrow and turning it to the direction you need to line up with the motor. These simply ratchet around the internal gears but I would recommend taking the three machine screws out from the bottom of the head, lift the cover off, align the arrow with the lower unit and reassemble. Check to see if the six sides of the plastic drive shaft below the directional arrow or the drive gear that the drive shaft sits down into are worn. These are replaceable parts and the problem will continue to get worse if they are just forced back into the proper direction. For warranty issues and techincal support I will include the motor guide websit link for your convience. If there is something els I can hel- you with please feel free to ask and thanks for using Fix ya and I hope this problem is solved. http://www.motorguide.com/
Bad 146s 010 12
"bad 146s010 12"...has to do with the blower fan (heat and a/c) is what info. I have found.
8/7/2021 8:33:54 PM •
on Aug 07, 2021
Raymarine c120 classic intermittent no data source
"Finally convinced him that **your** specs requiring the 4c cable at those lengths was correct"
You know we are Fixya and not Raymarine? We just have a Raymarine category for handy filing of questions and answers.
This question needs a factory service department technician on the phone.
As a boat owner, who doesn't have radar, and reading your post carefully, I would suggest the connection at the top of the mast. It is far more hostile up there, and it has been up there a long time.
7/10/2021 9:20:46 PM •
on Jul 10, 2021
Not finding what you are looking for?