Vacuums - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
The vacuum stopped working while
Sometimes the vacuum will overheat, if this happens the vacuum will shut down to protect it from damage.
Unplug the vacuum, and let it sit unused 30 minutes.
Please let me know if this has solved your problem.
on May 27, 2020
On button won't stay on
easy fix, unplug the machine sit in front of it. put your thumb on the on/off button and push down and slip your thumb off of it as fast as you can so it pops real loud. Do this ten times and then plug back in and see if it works. ( this came from talking with Dyson people) Hope it works for you. They said this will reset the machine. also acts as a warning that your filters most likely need cleaned.
on May 25, 2020
No suction when using wand on electrolux precision upright
There is a ball valve between the wand hose and the base hose. It can get stuck in the "base" mode, which won't then redirect suction to the wand hose. There is a spring under the cup that the open end of the hose rests in. When you release the wand from the holster with the one-touch quick release, that spring pushes the cup up and turns the ball valve to the wand setting.
- Unplug the vacuum.
- Using the one-touch quick release, remove the wand from the holster.
- Verify that the wand "cup" is indeed in the higher position. Do this by pushing on the bottom of the cup with your finger. It should easily depress.
- Remove the wand hose from the main unit using the quick disconnect feature. Put your fingers into the hole and feel to the right. You will feel the closed valve, verifying that it is stuck in "base" mode.
- Using a screw driver, insert the tip at the TOP of this valve and gently pry it downward. This shouldn't take much force.
- Reassemble the hose wand using the quick connect feature and reholster the wand.
- Plug in the unit and verify that the base unit has suction.
- Remove the wand from the holster and verify IT has suction.
on May 20, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?