Refrigerators - Page 8 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Fridge not cooling sometimes!
This is most likely due to the defrost thermometer. However, proper testing is recommended by a technician to be sure. It is located at the back of the inside freezer cabinet. You will have to remove the shelves and drawers to access a panel secured with hex screws. When the panel is off, the small round silver piece with a red and black wire is the defrost thermometer. Be careful of the fins around the coils as they are extremely sharp.
1/4/2023 8:01:35 AM •
on Jan 04, 2023
How to change the fast freeze flap on a hotpoint HUZ 1221
- Remove any food or items from the freezer compartment.
- Locate the fast freeze flap at the back of the freezer compartment. This is usually a small plastic or metal door that can be opened and closed.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws or clips that secure the fast freeze flap in place.
- Carefully lift the fast freeze flap off of its hinges and set it aside.
- Take the new fast freeze flap and place it in the same position as the old one, making sure the hinges are aligned properly.
- Secure the new fast freeze flap in place using the screws or clips that you removed earlier.
- Close the freezer compartment door and return any food or items to the freezer.
1/3/2023 11:30:25 PM •
on Jan 03, 2023
Fisher & paykel E610BADUX1 water dispenser unable to dispense itself
- Check the water supply: Make sure that the water supply to the refrigerator is turned on and that there are no kinks or blockages in the water line.
- Check the water filter: The water filter in your refrigerator may be clogged or otherwise malfunctioning, which could be causing the dispenser to perform poorly. Replace the water filter with a new one to see if this resolves the issue.
- Check the water inlet valve: The water inlet valve is responsible for controlling the flow of water into the refrigerator. If the valve is damaged or malfunctioning, it could be causing the dispenser to perform poorly. Test the valve to see if it is functioning properly.
If you are unable to troubleshoot the issue using the steps above, or if you are not comfortable working with the components of your refrigerator, it is recommended to seek the assistance of a qualified technician to diagnose and repair the appliance.
1/3/2023 10:50:34 PM •
on Jan 03, 2023
My refrigerator smells like fish
Have you had any fish in there? Turn it off, take everything out and wash it all down with detergent, remove all shelves and crisper bins. If there is anything it will be liquid under the crispers or hiding at the back.
If no fish, it will be the aptly named 'fish paper; guard that surround the condenser fan, which means something is overheating. Clean out all the fluff from the condenser fins with a vacuum cleaner.
The water from the dispenser on my refrigerator taste salty. We changed the filter about 2 months ago. We have a water softener and it runs through all the pipes in the house.
It is possible that the water softener is not functioning properly and causing the water from the refrigerator dispenser to taste salty. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Check the water softener settings: Make sure the water softener is set to the correct salt dosage and regeneration frequency. If the settings are not correct, it can cause the water to taste salty.
- Check the water softener filter: The filter in the water softener may be clogged or dirty, causing the water to taste salty. Clean or replace the filter as needed.
- Check the water softener resin: The resin in the water softener removes hard water minerals and can become exhausted over time. If the resin is exhausted, it can cause the water to taste salty.
- Check the water softener bypass valve: The bypass valve allows you to bypass the water softener and use untreated water. Make sure the bypass valve is not accidentally left in the bypass position.
If you are unable to diagnose and fix the problem on your own, it is recommended to have a water treatment professional take a look at the water softener. They will have the necessary tools and expertise to properly diagnose and repair the issue.
I keep getting the 1E error code on my Samsung Fridge
The "1E" code is an error code that may be displayed on some Samsung refrigerator models. This code indicates that there is a problem with the freezer fan or the freezer fan control board.
If you are getting the 1E code on your refrigerator and the freezer is not freezing properly, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
Check the freezer temperature. Make sure that the temperature is set correctly and that the freezer is getting cold enough.
Check the freezer fan. Make sure that the freezer fan is running properly and is not obstructed.
Check the freezer fan control board. The freezer fan control board may be faulty and need to be replaced.
Check the wiring. Make sure that all of the wiring is properly connected and secure.
If you are unable to troubleshoot and resolve the issue on your own, you may need to call a technician for professional assistance. It is recommended to unplug the refrigerator before attempting any repairs to avoid the risk of electric shock.
Please help - F01 ERROR CODE ON KENMORE HE5t electric steam dryer is there only (1 ) - F01 CODE AND IS IT FOR THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL BOARD? PLEASE HELP
F01 is a general error code that indicates a problem with the electronic control board. The clicking sound you are hearing may be the result of a failed component on the control board. It is possible that the control board may need to be replaced. However, it is also possible that the issue could be with another component in the dryer, such as a faulty relay or a damaged wire connection.
To troubleshoot the problem, I would recommend checking all of the wire connections to ensure that they are secure. You should also check the relay and make sure that it is functioning properly. If the issue persists, you may need to consider replacing the electronic control board.
If you are not comfortable working on the dryer yourself, I would recommend contacting a professional appliance repair service. They will have the tools and expertise needed to diagnose and repair the problem.
1/3/2023 1:59:35 AM •
on Jan 03, 2023
Danby DBC514BLS-1 beverage frig not cooling
If your Danby DBC514BLS-1 beverage fridge is not cooling and you have noticed frost on the back coil, it could be a sign of a problem with the fridge's defrost system. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the fan to see if it is running. If the fan is not running, it may be a problem with the fan motor or the control board.
- Check the defrost timer and thermostat. The defrost timer controls the defrost cycle, and the thermostat monitors the temperature inside the fridge. If either of these components is faulty, it could cause the fridge to frost up.
- Check the wiring and connections. Make sure all the wires are securely connected and that there are no loose or frayed wires.
it is possible to replace the fan in your model of fridge, If you decide to attempt the repair yourself, you will need to purchase the correct replacement fan for your fridge and have the necessary tools to make the repair.
1/2/2023 3:55:27 PM •
on Jan 02, 2023
Good day, what does L3 error code in kolin inverter window type mean?.
The L3 error code in a Kolin inverter window air conditioner typically indicates that there is a problem with the unit's compressor. The compressor is an important component of the air conditioner that helps to cool the air in the room by compressing and circulating refrigerant. If the compressor is not functioning properly, it can cause the air conditioner to stop working or to produce cool air at a reduced rate. Some possible causes of an L3 error code in a Kolin inverter window air conditioner include a faulty compressor, a malfunctioning compressor relay, or a problem with the unit's power supply. To troubleshoot the issue, you may need to perform a diagnostic test on the compressor or contact a professional for assistance.
Samsung Cooltech Plus Model SR-L659EVSS
The 'd' error code on your Samsung refrigerator indicates a problem with the refrigerator's defrost system. This could be caused by a number of issues, such as a faulty defrost heater, a faulty defrost sensor, or a problem with the control board.
To troubleshoot the problem, you can try resetting the refrigerator by unplugging it from the wall outlet for at least 5 minutes, then plugging it back in. This will reset the control board and may fix the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to check the defrost heater and sensor to see if they are functioning properly. If they are not, they may need to be replaced.
1/2/2023 7:20:43 AM •
on Jan 02, 2023
GE Side By Side Temp Won't Reset
If you have tried resetting the temperature settings to the default values and the temperature remains at -9°F in the fridge and 37°F in the freezer, there could be an issue with the fridge's cooling system. Here are some additional things to check:
1. Make sure the fridge is receiving power. Check to see if the fridge is plugged in and that the outlet is functioning properly.
2. Check the temperature control board. The temperature control board is responsible for regulating the temperature in the fridge. If it is faulty, it can cause the temperature to remain at a fixed, incorrect value.
3. Check the condenser coils. If the condenser coils are dirty or obstructed, it can cause the cooling system to malfunction and result in incorrect temperatures.
4. Check the door gasket. If the door gasket is damaged or not sealing properly, it can cause the temperature inside the fridge to become too warm.
If none of these solutions fix the issue, it is possible that there is a problem with the fridge's cooling system. In this case, it is recommended to contact a professional appliance repair service for further assistance.
Regarding the ice maker working intermittently, this could be caused by a variety of factors such as low water pressure, a faulty water inlet valve, or a problem with the ice maker itself. It is recommended to troubleshoot these issues separately.
Not finding what you are looking for?